PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I just received my free tin from atlandis and a fellow member asked me about the original thread. so here it is. not sure if it still works but i would assume it does. Enjoy
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/free-pipe-tobacco-sample-altadis

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Took me at least 3 months. It will show. It will be on a day that nothing is going right, you'll open the mailbox and valala, free baccy!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if they put you on an ad mailing list? I only get my mail about once a month and hate going through a bunch of junk mail. That's the only thing holding me back from completing the survey.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
They seem compile a list for a few months before the send anything, it took 3-4 months before I got mine.

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
I did the free tin thing last year. I believe it had only taken around 3 weeks for my tin to arrive.
@ gwtwdbss: After signing up for my free tin I hadn't gotten any unwanted ads in my mail other than the usual (house stuff as I was looking for one). So unless things have changed I'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that. :)

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Looks like it took me info so hopefully I'll get a sample, too - in a few weeks or so! Tha is for posting this for us newbies.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Three months seems to be about the normal wait. I haven't ever received any email from them, junk or otherwise, and I'm a fanatic about killing spam. No worries there.
Just remember to buy a couple tins somewhere down the line. Let your conscience be your guide!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I never got a tin, I've always gotten a pouch of Fox and Hound...I did it just now, so hopefully I get some of the Sutliff!!!

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
I have taken advantage of the free Altadis sampler twice so far (used a different address), and both times I received quality stuff!
The first go around I received a tin of Sutliff Private Stock's Maple Street, which was seriously one of the best aros I have ever tried to this day (and I have had many aros).

Second go around I received a tin of Sutliff Private Stock's Blend No. 5, which was not bad at all either. It is a knock-off of Dunhill 965, but I think that it is an amazing latakia on its own merits. Both times I was pleasantly surprised!

Don't be afraid to give it a go!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I did the survey back in June, waiting on my free sample still, no junk mail though, it's to bad I was kinda hoping for a catalog to flip through.

Aug 1, 2012
Well, I just put in for it. I'll let you know when/if I get it. If it's any good I probably will buy from them in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.