PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Earlier this month I utilized the free sample offers from both Altadis and the Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane websites. I had heard rumor that the Altadis sample usually took forever to arrive and usually just appeared in the mail one day long after the order is placed, so I'm not too concerned that it has not arrived as of yet.
However, I also have not received my sample from STG either. I live in Ohio, for what it's worth. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten a free sample from this company and if so, was the arrival delayed much?

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
It took about 3 months for my sample from Altadis to arrive. However, my sample of Skandinavik Full Aroma from STG only took about 3 weeks.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Never got mine from scan. But I'm good with that though. Don't want it now.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
My suggestion is place your orders an forget about it. If you really want to try the blend then buy it, by the time you get it and smoke it all you will forget how it tastes when you get the free sample. If your really not interested in trying the baccy then ask for the sample and forget about it, if you don't get it no harm done your out no money, if you do get it then it'll be a pleseant surprise. Whichever option you choose don't stress to much, your not missing out on much.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It makes good business sense for them to wait until they have a whole lot of request, then to it all at once.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
+1 Jud. I think that I got really lucky as both of my free samples arrived really, really quickly - within a week of requesting them. No, they're not all that great (I'm primarily an English-blend guy), but I never turn down, or look down at, free pipe tobacco, and I enjoy collecting different tins. I'll get around to smoking them eventually; never know, I could wind up enjoying them.

jonesee75

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Was reading on a couple other threads where guys have emailed them about certain tobaccos and they sent them several tins. Their aros are pretty wet but if you let them dry out a bit they are not bad. I got two tins of Great Outdoors and two tins of French Quarters. Going to try out the GO tomorrow morning on the way to work. Smells great hints of vanilla and licorice. Hope it's good.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Has anyone requested samples from anyone else? I sent a request to Peterson twice but got no reply. I also emailed Nording and they responded to my questions regarding churchwarden stems (currently unavailable to order online). Sutliff sent me a sample after two emails of a single 1.5oz. of No.5 blend. I also sent an email Samuel Gawith but still no replies.
girl-smoking-pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.