PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
I was looking for the thread that had everyone signing up for and receiving (or not receiving) the free tin sample offered by Altadis. Well, mine came this Saturday. Molto Dolce as a matter of fact. Funny thing is, from what I've been hearing on here, this is a really good one to try. Broke it open, and it smells really good. Will have to knock a bowl out in the next couple of days.
Considering I signed up for the sample close to two months ago, I'm pleasantly surprised that I received it. So be sure to sign up if you haven't already.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I did that in January, it took almost three months for my sample to get here.
This is what I got:
bVVTn.jpg

Great tin note, mediocre flavor at best. I wouldn't buy it.
I've tried the Irish Creme by Altadis, it's significantly better. I've heard great things about Molto Dulce and Montego Bay.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Considering all of the online advertising done by websites these days, giving away a $7 tin to a customer is a SERIOUSLY cheap per person investment to make.
Especially since you have "targeted" it to the intended audience.
I'm actually surprized I haven't come across this type of marketing before. Sending out free samples of a popular blend is pure genius.
I think I shall smoke a bowl of Molto Dolce tonight. I still have the tin I rec'd about 4 months ago lol.
It's tasty, but I have better blends.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Sent mine in forever ago, havent really been worried about it, im moving soon so who knows if it will even come

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I just got a free can of Molto Dolce from Altadis in the mail today. This is pretty good stuff. A bit sweet, I admit, but it's so far removed from what I usually smoke it's a very nice change of pace.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Yeah, I recieved a tin of molto dolce as well...I really liked it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Still waiting on mine. If turnaround is 3 months, it'll probably be summer before I get mine. Hopefully it will be Blend No 5 which is an okay English from what I hear. I've only tried their French Quarter which I got as an extra in a trade and was hopelessly horrid. Smelled good in the tin but tasted like a cigarette with cheap perfume as a topping.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Blend No 5 is really good. Not too strong and lots of flavor. I've noticed a lot of the Sutliff Private Stock blends are hit or miss. Either really good or really... 8O

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Got mine Saturday too. Sutliff Private Stock Great Outdoors. It was really nice of them to send it free, and I agree it's a great marketing tools because I will be buying from them now, but unfortunately I don't like it at all. Oh well, I can mix it in with my other baccy and that will work. It's the first tin I ever got, all the other tobacco I've ever had has been in baggies. The tin is way cooler, because you can put a cool label on it, which as we all know makes baccy, wine and whiskey taste better.

whitecloud

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
I got a sample last year. I ordered and forgot about it. I asked for non-aeromatic and got Great Outdoors which is vanilla. It bites the tongue. Maybe ut's me but I wouldn't buy it, I went to Wally World and got a big bag of toasted cavendish. I can mix it with anything and make it palletable. Nice that they send free samples but I would have appreciated a smaller sample of what you guys got (Malto or No.5). I would think, if you want to sell tobacco you'd send out a winner. Oh well, it's the thought that counts...

craigers07

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
It took around three months and I got Molto Dolce.
I love the smell in the tin. I'm not sure if I'll buy it in the future, but it's a nice change from what I usually smoke.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
The Molto Dolce is good for what it is. It's one of those smokes that I like when I'm in the mood for something sweet. It is most definitely not a go-to smoke by any stretch, but I do like it.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I wish they'd send me ANOTHER sample. I like getting free stuff in the mail......its not like I don't buy their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.