PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This morning I got a MM freehand cob--bigger bowl, don't you see. But it was attached to this plague. Now I don't know why this plaque comes with it, but it is beautiful and since I don't have a use for it, perhaps there's a cob fan out there with a special cob that would look good with it? It's about 6 X 8, mitered, and has a bracket off-center for holding a cob pipe. First come, first served: PM me if interested. This is for free.

img_0604-600x417.jpg

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Did you pay $31.39 for the FREEHAND or $45.99? The later is the price for the Freehand with display plaque. If you only paid the $31.39 it mistake at MM in shipping.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I got it for 31.39; I just checked the receipt. I suppose I should call them and ask if I should pay the whole 45.99, since I promised the plague for someone. I'm still a little bewildered as to why they make a plaque for a corn cob.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
What you do now is whittle a fish out of a corn cob , and mount that.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Roth, nice thought, but the plaque serves me no purpose, and it's nicely finished, so the logical thing is to give it to someone who will enjoy it. No return gesture should be required for a gift. The giving is its own reward.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Talked to MM before sending the plaque out, and we mutually agreed there was no problem, just a clerical error on their part. I asked them not to keel-haul the lady who took the order, and they assured me there wouldn't be any reprisals on the lady. I emphasized this because as a youngster I once lost a job over a similar kind of error, and didn't want to be the cause of a similar mishap. So all is well.

Jan 8, 2013
I've worked in customer service most my life, and Sparrow you just made my day. You really don't know how many people will go out of their way to get something a little extra, even flat out lying about an employee to hopefully get something for free or a discount. So many customers have no care what-so-ever that someone could possibly lose their job, by their sorry attempt at getting a handout. You did real good by that employee, Sparrow. Mistakes happen. And jobs can be stressful enough without constantly worrying about your job being on the line. Kudos to you my friend.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you, Anthony. Blame it on an early Catholic education, where you think you'll be damned for eternity for saying a bad word. :) No, really, something like this would have gnawed at me, so I'm grateful onepyrotec informed me of the extra price for the plague so I could correct the matter before someone got in trouble. I continue to be amazed at the level of dishonesty that seems to be at the core of many people: observe how average, everyday people think stores are open for free shopping when there's a riot or some disaster, or that shoplifting is a normal rite of passage for youngsters. I don't consider this kind of behavior normal at all, but it seems I may be in a minority.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
The plague is just a way to display your cob freehand with pride.

so I'm grateful onepyrotec informed me of the extra price for the plague
I hope the plague isn't catchy, keep it to yourselves :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.