PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Yesterday my kids left for a trip to Colorado to visit their grandfather on their mothers side. I am alone with the dogs for the first time in a while. They don't come home until the 13th so I have the place to myself. No cooking, no cleaning just me. I am sitting here smoking my pipe, watching the Olympics and loving the peace and quiet.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Freedom! I love it when I get a day or so at home alone with the dogs. It's relaxing and somehow the house doesn't get destroyed when the wife isn't home.
Life is good. :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I felt the same way when I moved out of my parents' house a few years ago. Great feeling.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I had a week of bliss planned earlier last month.....just me and my two dogs....wife gone, kids gone. Then boom, an unpleasant business trip that just so happened to last through the same days she was gone. I have to wonder if this wasn't a conspiracy. But I salvaged the trip and found a nice B&M with a lounge, free samples, good selection and great folks to chat with. So all was not lost.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I always say this before the wife/girls leave me alone for a weekend, but after they are gone I have a hard time sleeping.
Anyone else experience this? Its not exactly loneliness, so I don't know what gives, but having the house to myself never turns out to be the blessing I hoped for.
I guess I need someone to nag me about Fox News or the military channel to have domestic bliss. :|

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
For me, I'm anxious for the wife to leave for a few days or a week or two but I'm also ready for her to come home when it's time.
Are we ever really satisfied ?????? :roll:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I know what you mean Harris, last week wife went to bring back the grand kids so they could buy clothes to start school, felt like the old house was talking to me , in some ways it was sighing,the little pounding feet were gone, also total peace. The old cajun

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, it soooo relaxing right now. It has been since November since I had the place to myself for a little while, man do I miss it. Fortunately I have no significant other to deal with, I am not missing that part of life in the least right now.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
... no cleaning just me. I am sitting here smoking my pipe...

I bet you'll be glad when the kids get home. :rofl:

20120514-092207.jpg

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I have that peace and quiet with my dog all the time every day. No kids, no wife...I like it like that.
That place looks like my kitchen. :)

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
All i picture is your house looking like the van that Spicoli gets out of in Fast Times at Ridgemont High... :D

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
...after they are gone I have a hard time sleeping.
Anyone else experience this?
I get this way when the wife is gone, but I always chalked it up to being too wound up. I usually try to cram in as many home repair jobs or renos while she's away. She can't handle it when things in the house are torn apart.
I find working on pipes or my guitars to be relaxing, but when she's gone I tend to put in more time on the hobbies than I normally would, so it means late nights. I love having the bachelor pad.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
lol phillip, my place is always pretty clean. I don't like messes and I am always on my boys to clean up, although I end up doing most of the work. Sitting here right now with a vodka and cranberry, smoking a bowl of Three Nuns, livin large.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
That trouble with sleeping thing I always attrbuted to the bed not feeling the same. That rythmic sound of my wife breathing

helps me to relax and drift off.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@pipesicle: "That rythmic sound of my wife breathing..." With my wife that means snoring, and reaching for the ear plugs.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
My wife and boy are now visiting her parents and although it is nice having the peace and quiet I find it tends to disrupt my schedule a bit.

Like others have said I tend to stay up later and cram every bit out of my free time while I have it.

I will still be happy when they get home and things can get back to the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.