PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judbgrdmchn

Lurker
Apr 6, 2014
This is my first review & I've only just recently started smoking a pipe, so I'm in no way familiar with the notes & subtleties of pipe tobacco. That being said, I know if I like something or not.
Straight out of the bag I was faintly reminded of smokeless tobacco with a hint of honey.
Easy to pack & light.
I got a slight bitterness during the smoke, perhaps metallic.
Almost an immediate bite.
A burning wood scent over the bowl.
Stayed lit well.
Would not use again.
As with anyone's review, I would recommend buying an ounce to try for yourself as everyone's tastes are different. To give an idea of mine, I really enjoy Captain Black Dark, Halfling's Leaf by Jack Lee Blends, & I absolutely love Blackstrap by Jack Lee Blends.

bladeparker

Lurker
Jun 15, 2014
Another review for Frankie's Favourite...
Upon arrival I was VERY excited to try this new blend. The aroma out of the bag was wonderful! What was it? Vanilla? I still can't put my finger on it but it was very inviting.
I found the tobacco strength was mild to medium right where I like it and the flavour was mild. I prefer a slightly stronger flavour that carries over some more of the unlit aroma. Nevertheless, the smoke was a nice full smoke that you can feel in your mouth. Room note was average with a slight campfire scent but not overpowering.
As with all of Jack Lee Blends I have tried they pack in the bowl nicely and stay lit until the end and result in a nice white ash. I have yet to try all of Jack's blends but I am working on it. I would have to put Jack Lee's Blackstrap a step up from Frankie's Fav. As of today, I would have to put Blackstrap at the top of my forever changing list.
While Frankie's Favourite may not be my favourite, it's certainly a good smoke and worth a go! I will probably give it another try in the future. As for Jack Lee Blend... they have exceptional service and a fast turn around time. I highly recommend them!

Status
Not open for further replies.