Four Peretti English Blends: What Is the V.A. Content Least-To-Most?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
Not having smoked these yet, I'm wondering about the amount of V.A.s across Century, Royal, Omega, English 220, and it is somewhat hard for me to tell based on tin notes and appearances. My guess is how I have written them above.
My other random observations on these four which may or may not be accurate.

Century seems mostly Ori and the least Latakia and VA.

Omega seems like the most Latakia and maybe more VAs than Oris.

Royal seems like more Oris than VA, and less Latakia than Omega.

English220 looks like it has a lot of VAs in it, some Ori, and Lat content between Century and Royal.
But I want to go through these "Least VA-to-most VA" as I start smoking them.

:puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since the proportions on blends are usually closely held secrets, for competitive reasons, there's no sure way to know. Someone would have had to smoke the whole series as you have, and be able to taste the differences accurately. It's a challenge, but few have sampled all the blends. You may yet get an informed answer, but it's a tall order.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo balki
I have all these LJPs, and also Oriental No.40. I need to look at my notes and maybe do some AB puffing to help you with your question. Tashkent, of course, is at one end of the spectrum, since it has "nary a strand" of VA.
hp

les

Jun 27, 2016
Hi mso, I figured someone would mention trade secrets and the like. Not looking for recipes, just impressions.
Les, I've got some Tashkent & Oriental #40 also, was thinking that I would start with the Tashkent and then go to the Ori#40, then through my list above, as I don't think that the Ori#40 has any VA in it either. I'll be getting to these at some point in the near future and posting up my own thoughts too. Anyone else feel free to chime in here. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.