PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
For those interested, I ran across two Bjarne pipes laying in a disorganized pipe cabinet yesterday at a cigar store. They looked really great and I was really, really tempted. Especially since they were true Bjarne pipes, with the lowercase bj logo's on them, priced at $99.99 each and the owner would make me a deal if I bought both. Considering Bjarne's (as far as I know ?) are no longer being made, I feel it may be a good deal for these.
The first one looked like a 1/4 bent Apple, the second one a bent brandy. Both of them brand new, unsmoked in a smooth finish. They were just hidden between a bunch of savinelli's and petersons. The closest picture I could find to what they were is something like this:
bjarne_52.jpg

I completely exhausted my PAD fund right now, but I am wondering if any of you out here might be interested. PM and I'll let you know the name / phone number of the store and you can perhaps call them directly. I may swing by again tonight or tomorrow and ask if I can take a picture of them to post. If they're still there in January, I may pick up the Brandy myself ;-)
Hope this can help those looking for a Bjarne. just trying to spread the wealth

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
just checked P &C on those bjarne pipes mate an their price seems lower than ur local store. Unless im not looking at the proper ones. Just lettin u know to dbbl check as im not up to knowledge on their pricing

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Lawrence.. yep.. that's where I got the picture to post here as a reference. I'll see if I can swing by the store tonight and ask to take pictures of the actual pipes to post here. As Moderator, let me know if its ok to post the name and phone # of the store on here. Don't want to break the rules. I have nothing to do with the store. Just visiting.
nsfisher, P&C has a lot of Vikings listed. These two pipes are not Vikings. Based on what I saw, they're actual original Bjarne's. The guy admitted he had them laying in his case for a while. They seem to cater more to the cigar crowd than to the pipe crowd, hence their pipe stuff is in a bit of disarray. But Billie's been very friendly and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.