PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I've been moving a lot my whole life. Navy, school, job, job, job, job. Different countries and states. We bought a house in March and I finally got to digging around in some boxes I've been toting around for a long time. I stumbled across my old ships' hats from the Navy! I am giddy like a kid at Christmas finding these. They remind my of some damn fine people I had the honor of serving with. I cleaned them up and they are in pretty good shape. I can't wait to start wearing them around town.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
It seems you had a good naval career ... congrats, wear them in good health.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Thanks all. Yep, folks who have been tight with a military unit get how nice it feels to find something like this. I am definitely a happy camper.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm jealous. I went through my 'Army boxes' a few months back and either wool shrinks or my head somehow got fatter, as my berets no longer fit. haha

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
A Pacific theater sub that had a fair amount of success..
K5VNrrn.jpg

I myself was never a sailor but I do collect hats and the quality of this one is splendid.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Nice cover Brian!
Per request - I wore one out when I took the kiddos to dinner. It is mommy' night off. Things devolved quickly after this pic!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
That's a very nice collection of hats, and thank you for your service! Glad to see you found these, and you have at least one for every day of the week, just like your pipes.
bluegrassbrian: do you have a S. Bang pipe to go with that hat? :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You had quite a career! I bounced around quite a bit myself in the Navy -- San Diego, USS Gallant at Subic, off Vietnam, back across the Pac with a long dry dock in Guam, Long Beach, Midway Island, and Miwaukee. Then back to school -- I think I moved about ten times in nine years, maybe more depending on how you count. You just don't accumulate stuff because you can't. I had to learn to live in an actual residence again, after living out of a locker, in barracks, a welfare hotel, rented rooms. Like a rolliing stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.