PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I alternate between an Old Boy, and a Zippo. But tonight I came across a lighter style I've been searching for quite some time.

It's a zippo insert in a chunky custom milled brass case. Props to those who know what film it's from!
This is a stock photo, I'll post the real thing when it arrives.

I'll have to see about getting a matching pipe lighter insert.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Constantine? My grail Zippo would be one with a big ankh on it. Don't know if such a thing was ever made, but would love to have one.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Very nice - it one of those movies that grows on you over time (at least in my case). Where did you order from?

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
The site offered both sizes, the crazy huge one from the film, and the more manageable smaller one I've ordered.

It's a Canadian? Japanese? company that only makes Constantine lighters. http://www.123constantine.com

There are good reviews on the end product on YouTube and quite a few movie prop fan forums.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
I don't remember the lighter being that ornate. Guess I'll have to watch it again. Cool item. Thx for posting and yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic once you get it.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
The lighter in the film was a regular zippo in a huge case:

Here's one of the actual screen-used props:

Mine will be slightly larger than a normal zippo case, and instead of gold with a silver medallion, I chose antique gold for both the case and medallion. Looks better I think.

Mine also has a nice sturdy hinge it seems.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Thanks! I enjoy watching the dramatic beginning in the apartment quite often for unknown reasons!? Different lighter? I'd like to think I wouldn't miss that, but no one has ever mistaken me for being a detective. Off I go to check it out myself and maybe I won't miss it this time.
Oh, and big props to chasingembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.