PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Going through old pipes, getting ready to go on vacation and trying to figure what I'm taking. I found this

and remember getting it in the mid 70's. It's about 6 3/4" long. On the bottom of the shank: SOBORG, Hand Carved,

Made In Denmark. I haven't smoked it in years, but I will..... It's kinda cool!
IMG_1951-1.jpg

IMG_1953-1.jpg

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
Thats different, i like having pipes that arent like everyone else's and thats a very nice piece of briar

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Very nice indeed... I dont have enough pipes to ever forget one... but I assume its like finding money in an old coat that you havent worn in quite some time.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I like the deep red color!!

I'd keep looking in my "Old Pipe rack" and see what other treasures are in there!!

Aug 1, 2012
Very nice. I just got a Soborg and the stem will not stay in after I cleaned it and it was WAY over-reamed. Still going to try and salvage it though.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
As someone who owns a total of 1 briar, I can't even fathom "oops, I forgot a pipe", especially such a beauty!

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
If you forget a pipe as nice as that you obviously have TOO MANY PIPES!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Smoked a couple bowls of Full Virginia Flake in it, smokes nice and cool. I'm definitely taking this

pipe on our trip. A good 'arm chair' smoker, will be great in the camper. Can't believe I let over

30 years go by without this one in my rotation. Somehow it just got put in back and was overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.