PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Another day visiting junktique shops with the wife. She saw an Ascorti Business and asked if I was interested. Got it for $35.

Stem looks different then what I've seen on line but it has the right markings...
SuWlrne.jpg

nKYH2Y1.jpg

2DfPOc8.jpg

adWbYXI.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Verrrrrry nice. As a Caminetto freak I of course like Ascortis too. At 35 simoleons that was definitely a heckuva deal. Business finish was always their bread & butter. The "new New Dear" never grabbed me like the "old New Dear" did, but any Cam/Asc at all is vastly preferable to none! :puffpipe:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Loaded it with Dunhill 965 and test smoked it this morning. No ghost. Just a little dottle in the bottom after lighting with 2 matches and smoking for 57 minutes.

zuO5bby.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Now I'm trying to find a way to communicate with Ascorti. I'd like to figure out the shape and age if possible. From looking at Phil's, it was probably made in the early 80s after the company was established.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Got a message back from Roberto Silvano Ascorti.
He said, "It s an ascorti way of bent Dublin.and it s from before 1984."

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
Please don't tell me that you found that one in a Beaumont antique shop too! If so, I'm really going to have to start browsing the local shops again. Beautiful pipe by the way. Congratulations on the find.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Fetidbog - this time it was shopping for salt & pepper shakers with my wife in Pontchatouls, La. She saw the pipe and held it till I got where she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.