PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
I finally found an aromatic that I truly enjoy. I stopped into a store in little rock arkansas called the Pipe and Tobacco shop and picked up a blend called "cafe ala supreme". It's your basic aromatic blend of black cav, and virginia with a really nice note of coffee bean and a subtle dark chocolate as well, with the coffe flavor being the most prominent. It burns well and left very little goop in my pipe. I noticed that tinderbox has a blend called "cafe supreme" and I wonder if it's the same thing? This shop labels their 1Q as "wilshire" like tinderbox does so I'm thinking it's Probly a tinderbox blend. Anyway just thought I'd post about it since it's the first aro I've found that I truly enjoyed. Happy smoking everyone! :puffy:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
It's more than likely a McClelland or Altaldis blend. If you can gleen that info from the shop owner you can get larger quanities at cheaper prices no doubt. It might be Mocha Black Cavendish that's been re-branded. This is common in B&M blending bars.
If large quantity is not your objective I recommend you continue to patronize the shop and help bolster their business. The B&M is a vanishing species in these times and having one nearby is truly a luxury.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm mostly a non-aro guy, but now and then I find an aro that hits the spot. They can be a nice change of pace.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
I'm mostly a non-aro guy, but now and then I find an aro that hits the spot. They can be a nice change of pace.
I agree, I sometimes enjoy a good aro for something different.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I was told that some shops blend their own by mixing two different aro's together, like 1-Q and something chocolatey to differentiate themselves from other store offerings.
I smoke Virginia-Perique blends 95% of the time.

My go-to Aro is Captain Black Dark, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.