PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Just flew back to Baltimore from Texas this morning. Did a ten day vacation, visiting friends in Houston, San Antonio and Austin, Went shopping in Houston Monday afternoon and stumbled upon The Briar Shoppe. Nice place, decent selection; picked up a tin of Dunhill Elizabethan, along with a couple bulk aros, Black Cordial and Bourbon. Anybody else on the forum shop there ?

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I travel to Houston quite abit and I have stopped by The Briar Shop once in awhile to buy some Peterson Tobacco Tins, Even surprised one of the employees with Peterson Sunset Breeze tobacco, he never tried it or bother to smell the tobacco till I bought one and opened the tin for him to try. I like that place better than Stogies on Westheimer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A good brick and mortar is a beautiful thing. It's kind of a home base. They often can't compete with online

retailers, although sometimes they do, or nearly do, if you add shipping. It is nice to choose a blend and

take it home, period. When these places close, they tend to disappear or move to remote locations where

they become online retailers. If my local independent one-man shop ever closes, I hope he can find a

much younger guy or gal who can buy him out, and maintain the rent on a grandfathered basis. My nearby

chain store (Tinder Box) just moved within the mall and expanded their cigar humidor, but kept the pipe

display and tobacco about the same. Of course, in the mall, there's no smoking. At my independent,

there is; the disclaimer on the front door is printed in pencil -- it's the mother church of pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.