Forums Meet: JB Hayes/VA - A Great Afternoon!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Date: 12/28 (Saturday)

Time: 10 AM - 3 PM

http://www.hayestobacconist.com/
The wife is hosting a wedding shower for our youngest daughter, so I have to get out of Dodge. Anyone interested in meeting in Winchester?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had a wonderful afternoon at JB Hayes today.
Two forum members, "Yuri" and "Tinpan" were able to make it along with pipe maker Abe Herbaugh, from another forum. Abe brought along two of his creations and if you haven't seen a Herbaugh pipe in the flesh, he really does some excellent work.
Tinman brought along some of Mark Tinsky Christmas pipes and has a surprise for us later in 2014. It was great to see these pipes in person. Robin shared even more details on how the Tinsky Christmas pipes were developed including the close ties to the JB Hayes shop (and John Hayes).
The shop is also now hosting a Pipe Club, so I'll try to make some of those monthly meetings.
Yuri and Tinman, it was a real pleasure to meet each of you today.

Matthew had a trio of unsmoked Mark Tinsky Christmas pipes in the case, including one 2008 that I had admired in Tinman's thread. They were all marked down 25%, so you guessed it, that one came home in my bag.

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Sorry I missed it. SsJones I'm gonna try my best to make the next meeting at JBHayes myself. Hope to meet u there. Trail boss I live on the mountain 10 miles outside of Charles town. Give me a holler and we can at least meet up at Randy's cigar lounge.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Hey Al!! I've had my eye on that exact 2008 XMas Tinsky and planned to snatch it the next time I saw Matt. Ah well, enjoy it and glad you pipers had a good time.
hp

les

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
@SSjones. Randys is in Charles Town. He has a huge selection of cigars and an awesome lounge. Pool table. Poker table. Leather couches and leather chairs that Ive almost fell asleep in. TV. Music. Lockers etc.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sounds great, pick a date/time and post it up or PM me!
Btw, they have started a monthly Pipe Club at JB Hayes. They have a Facebook page. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month, but not in January (I'm not sure of the Jan. date).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157566831104372/

Status
Not open for further replies.