PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
This forum gets under your skin, causing a chemical reaction in the brain. The sight of pipes, the talk of the great tobacco you’re smoking. The fears of it becoming too expensive even worse its availability. Awesome pictures of people’s cellars as they prepare for the coming storm.
Well this weekend the PAD wasn’t about buying a pipe, but reading Pimo’s book, and gathering the tools out of the shed and garage to start making my own. Tonight will be yellow highlighting the book. I’ve spent hours watching videos and now hunting down the additional tools needed on ebay and craig’s list.
The TAD had me on the phone first thing making sure my favorites were available. This caused a mid-month purchase TAD that the boss will be unhappy about. But you would think being my money it would matter. Two of the secrets of being married 29 years are letting the wife control the money, so you don’t go crazy buying when you’re OCD, and making sure you click on all the stupid things she needs for her Facebook café world game.
So on the way are my top two:

2 – 250 gram BBFs

1 – 250 gram FVF (good thing was last one)
With my March 1st P&C order filled out ready for the submit click.

5 – Escudos tins

4 – 8oz tins of H&H AK

Can’t find any SJF *sigh* so a “try me” tin still undecided.
So it’s actually a nice day, so clearing the space out in the garage. Making my list of needed little items, with an “ok, go ahead if it will make you happy” from the boss. Kicking myself for selling my lathe 20 years ago, that will be hard task to find a used one. So by mid-March the weather should be stabilized, tools in hand and I’ll be ready to personally PAD my brains out. Been sketching out some neat stuff!
Anyone else suffering because of these forums? Lols
Craig

Jul 15, 2011
I didnt have PAD for the longest time, because with 50 some odd pipes, I was content that I had enough. But with Christmas, a birthday, and tax time all within two months of each other, I have since acquired 2 FLN pipes, 2 Savinellis, 2 Boswells, and a Nording.
8O
Yeah. I am constantly trying to stockpile tobacco before the tax hike hits, and I get some ideas from the forum and some from just reading up on review sites and making sure I have a nice mix of anything and everything for whenever the season/the mood strikes me. At this point, at the rate I smoke, I probably have enough stockpiled to last 2 to 3 years and not have to worry about buying any more.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I start salivating everytime someone posts about a tobacco I like or a tobacco I have not tried yet but sounds great, I quickly cave in and buy more. This can also be said about pipes that are in my price arena. The credit card company loves me. We must stock up on tobacco no matter the reason. LOL!!!

timely

Jan 23, 2012
I have managed to get 30 pounds so far squirrelled away. Need at least 100 more pounds before I call it a good stock up. It takes awhile due to restrictions with Customs. Also have gotten a fair amount of pipes to keep a long rotation going.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yep, heard good things about GLP Navigator. Probably not going to be any SJF so I'll give that one a shot. Plus he does so much for this site.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
It's like crack, she quits everyday. We're trying to get her to at least play a real game. But it's all her FB freinds and she's roped in... *sigh*

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I blame you guys for my TAD. I think that you're enablers. I read a review from someone about H&H Anni Kake and I have to get some. PS Luxury BullsEye Flake much like Escudo but cheaper? I gotta get some. This online vendor has Esoterica Penzance finally? My fingers are flying on the keyboard so I can try to beat out Hobie and score an 8 oz package. Oh yeah, and even with the latest price hike Pipesandcigars H&H 8 oz. blends are still cheaper than bulk? Here we go! I absolutely am having a blast by the way, so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.