PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I've been on 4 or 5 forums before I found this one.I still read some of the others and once in a while I post on one of them.One thing that I've seemed to notice is that each forum seems to have it's own personality.The folks who post here do so in a warm friendly way that makes others feel welcome.That's not always the case other places.Some conversations on other forums get so mean that it drives people away.I've left some of them for that reason.One forum I was on every time I made a typo or spelled something wrong I was called out on it. Here no one is made to feel like they're dumb for asking a question.Some forums have cliques a few folks respond to each other and almost no one else.New smokers here are treated the same as old time smokers.Every one tries to help every one else.I like the fact that here opinions are expressed in a respectful manner.I feel that if I were sitting in a room with you folks the conversation would be just as it is here...Very Enjoyable

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I'm still on another pipe forum, maybe check it out 2 times a week, but have been trying to consolidate down here lately. This is definitely one of the better ones, makes you wonder sometimes why people just disappear with many posts.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I trolled a while before joining because of the flames that I've seen and experienced in other groups. I feel comfortable and welcome here, from day one. It's a rare thing to find a nice community to interact with, online and at times in real life, so I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled onto this group.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Holly Smokes Guys.... As a relatively new guy here I still stand in awe of how well I was accepted

as opposed to other places I've visited. I never tried another pipe smoking forum, and won't from this point,

but you know, other chat places. Since leaving the Marines I've missed the commodore I had there and haven't

felt it for 21 years. Here..... It's real close Fellas... I Love You Guys! That's True From My Heart!
Thanks for bringing this up Puffy!

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
One wonders why a forum swings to a certain personality. perhaps our fearless leaders are a factor (compliment). Well..... let me not leave out the brilliant members. Yall are doin great yall.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you puffy, you nailed it, this forum is by far the best I have come across. Just a great bunch.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
An "ass snob"?
I proudly proclaim myself one...wait a minute...are we talkin' women or forums?
:|

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
This place is great and I wish I could spend more time here.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
This is the first pipe forum I joined or read..I've joined two others and tried to interact because I've heard all this before, it's true. Hunting forums that I've found all seem that way too...I'd like to find one of them that don't care that my best retriever came from the humane society and that I found my newest one (BTW I gave in and paid the deposit) but that's grounds for chastise...oh well I'm on here while I'm supposed to be working and when I get home the wife's watching dancing with the hasbeens or something similar so I'm on then too..imagine if I found somewhere else :rofl:

Aug 1, 2012
I have been on a few forums and this is by far the most congenial I have ever seen. Admittedly when I was young(er) I had my times where I was "that guy" who came across as an idiot and a jerk on some forums. We don't seem to have any of those here and it is really pleasant.
Sou

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I checked out a new pipe forum, I'll never do that again! I could see it being led around by a few guys and it just didn't grab me anymore. As far as I can see there is just one that I will go on and it's THIS one.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
I have to agree with all that has been written already. Thanks for being so welcoming and helping out us noobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.