PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
We all have our net handles and virtual aliases. Some prefer anonymity, while others don't mind letting it all hang out among friends.
Does the forum have protocol (or perhaps a "sticky") on preferred designation etiquette? I've caught myself on several occasions starting to write a memebers' "real" name; only to feel rather awkward and correct the mental infraction.
I realize that I haven't known any of you long enough to have gained the honor of being on a first name basis, so can we have a quick [nick]name roll call? ... Remember, folks, we can't all be Batman.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Tags and avatars are the norm in forums. I don't know the etiquette, but I'm going to assume that when referring to another forum member it's always best to use their tags in lieu of their real names. That is unless they're signature has their "real" name in it.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
My nickname takes too much explanation. Best just to call me Tyler. Also, I would imagine most who would be willing to use name/home address to send to someone not met face to face....probably won't mind with a simple first name. Though, always best to ask them directly.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Jeffrey, since you've opted for the display option that shows your real name even though you also have a username, I feel comfortable addressing you with your name. I think whatever people have chosen as their name display option is the best place to start.
With that said, I'll gladly answer to michaelmirza, Michael, Mr. Mirza, Pastor, DJ Razorface, Supreme Chancellor, Snack Attack, etc.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
It really never occurred to me I'd be called Mayfair when I signed into this group. It's kind of growing on me. You can call me Batman, if you'd prefer. :twisted:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I don't know the etiquette, but I'm going to assume that when referring to another forum member it's always best to use their tags in lieu of their real names.
Sounds right to me. Also unless they offer it, anonymize location data.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The "Batman" can of worms is officially open.
hahaha-024.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.