PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
For a few years, I've been stuck in a tobacco rut. Same blends (save trying the new GLP releases - I always follow that guy's work) over and over. Nothing wrong with that, I have some solid favorites I love and always will, but diversity is an enjoyable part of pipe smoking for me. Since joining this forum earlier this year, I've tried many new blends I see discussed.

To name a few I've tried this year and really enjoyed: Royal Yacht, Dark Flake Liquorice, recently Black Frigate, And several from the H&H line which is a completely new brand for me.

Thanks for the reviews, half witty comments, and even the over-the-top obsessiveness. You all have helped guide me in expanding my tobacco experiences.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you as well, for participating. Forums is great for putting us onto new blends, and old ones almost forgotten. I always learn something new.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I shudder to think how narrow my tobacco experiences would be if not for this forum. I used to flip through the online stores and then check out blends that sounded good at tobaccoreviews.com, but it's just not quite the same. This forum introduced me to most of my favorite blends.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
Yea if it wasn't for you guys, I would probably be lost and with a scorched mouth, I have learned alot, and tasted lots of blends, from burley, areos to english, right now i favor the english blends, but prehaps my taste will change in the future.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I spent at least two months lurking in the Forums before I even put a match to my pipe. Every newbie question is constantly tackled with the widest input available. In fact I got here in the first place because every question about pipe smoking I had lead me here!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm well aware that my tobacco tastes are very narrow. However, I still enjoy reading about and looking at the pictures of other tobaccos knowing that I'll never buy them. :crazy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I got a pipe to avoid using paper. I smoked cheap RYO. My pipe was a drug store corn cob by MM of course.

Now? After having found this group?

I smoke more expensive RYO..heh heh....in more expensive corn cobs AND briar, meers, walnut, cherry wood pipes.

(more expensive RYO is a reference to my newly discovered treasures from D&R, which I smoke in a pipe, and isn't really RYO, but pipe tobacco masquerading as such.)

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
pagan: "PAD and TAG are your own demons to deal with, don't blame us"
That's just what the pushers always say! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.