Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's a cubit? It's been raining almost daily here for weeks, and now tropical storm Joaquin is rolling northward and at least will bring more rain our way. Hope it doesn't make landfall anywhere; it only means trouble. I thought El Nino had gotten us past the hurricane season this year, but you never know. I was in the Southeast for Fran in 1996 and Floyd in 1998. Fran made a run inland that looked like an artillery siege had happened by the next day. Flash flood warnings all around. If we can make it to Monday relatively intact, we will be so lucky. The Northeast is watching this one too, after their misery with Sandy.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
A cubit is approx 1 1/2 foot, are we going to build an Ark. Screw the animals, two types of every tobacco.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I saw the weather maps tonight and no matter what track this storm takes the Carolinas are in for some serious rainfall. Because of the rain shadow effect western North Carolina could see as much as 12 inches. That's some pretty significant rainfall. An Ark might not be such a bad idea and tobacco tins two by two sounds prudent.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Right now in N.C., flooding and flash flooding are the threat or current problem. This is the weekend of the International Bluegrass Music Association festival, in Raleigh, and all of the outdoor amphitheater performances have been moved inside to the Convention Center. Luckily, that had already been reserved for the event, for other purposes. The rain will inhibit getting to and from the event for many people. We've had rain for almost two weeks, so this is on top of it. Current tracking has Joaquin tracking offshore, so that will certainly be great if it doesn't make landfall, but the prolonged rain is still a big problem.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
My house will be the meeting point (similar to the animals meeting at a point to get on the ark) email me those tins, and i'll start using wooden matches and old briar to build the ark

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Lucky for us here in NY the storm will go out to sea so we won't see allot of problems. I hope you all stay safe during this storm

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Boy, I hope it doesn't hit New York. I'm in N.C., but my wife moved down from Long Island, we have many friends in that area, and especially one friend whose husband has a pretty desperate health problem; this couple doesn't need any other problems.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
A cubit is 19 3/16"... at least that's what I was told when I asked what the reoccurring black diamond on a tape measure was for years ago.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
mso489 I got the cubit gag but only 'cuz I'm an old fart and remember the Noah sketch from he who must not be named now.

Status
Not open for further replies.