PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
It's easy to keep civil......she was like everyone's grandma. Great lady, champion for literacy, graceful, self deprecating; you always got the sense she cared deeply for her fellow man. The world is lesser with her passing. RIP

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always liked that Barbara Bush had a lot of spine. She didn't take anything from anyone, including her President husband and son. First ladies can get marginalized and made nearly pathetic, no names mentioned. But Barbara Bush wasn't taking it. Some of her remarks were real "broken bottles," but no one ignored her.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
What snowyowl said X 1,000,000,000. Perhaps she should have been the first female President. Wow.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
That's a fact. I had the good fortune to meet her on several occasions when I worked at a newspaper. She should have been President, but she was too smart to let that happen to her.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
She was an intelligent woman with a big heart and a great sense of humor. She will be missed.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've never heard anyone who has met her personally say a bad word about her. That's good enough for me. Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.