PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I have been interested in pipes and pipe smoking since I was a teenager, being an avid reader and thoroughly enjoying the works of Arthur Conan Doyle and Tolkien), but when I finally got my first pipe and cheap bad tobacco, I couldn't get it to work. I set my brylon monster down for a few years, and it wasn't until I decided one day to search for handmade pipes on Instagram that I got wonderfully reacquainted with pipes and how to smoke successfully. It was there that i found the account of a wonderfully knowledgeable and friendly guy who went by the name of Flatticus. He got me into pipe history and fostered my interest in fine tobacco and Dunhill pipes. I always looked forward to his posts featuring great looking pipes and a lot of neat information. It wasn't until a year or two later that I found this forum and that was around the time he kind of disappeared from both Instagram and this forum. I've seen there was some sort of heated debate about the new versions of old classic tobacccos. Since there is an "anonymous" next to where his name should be on here, I figured things ended on unpleasant terms. I guess the historian interest in me was just wondering what exactly happened (if I'm allowed to ask without causing a stir?). I do miss his posting on Instagram as it was rather frequent and always great to read and interact with him.
Hope this isn't a sore subject?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I can't shed any light on your question. All I can say it that after being on this site for nearly 7 years I've seen a lot of people come and go. Some for their own reasons and a few for other reasons. I do recall his scree name but that's about it. Of course, you never know when folks from the past will pop up again.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually the dispute was with us lot from Standard Tobacco and why we wouldn't tell anyone what went into War Horse, John Cotton's etc. I believe he was politely shown the door by the moderators along with a friend of his and I believe they are still out there somewhere in the Universe. If you want to find him I think he is down in Miami Florida somewhere and is a quite a well known divorce lawyer if my memory serves me correctly. I personally have nothing against the man as he gave us the best free advertising that money couldn't buy!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A flatulent Spartacus?
LMB- Question is fair, but those who know the real answer probably can't say and the rest of us may or may not guess with any accuracy. I vaguely recall that handle, but nothing in particular.
Hope your piping journey is a good one!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
...and as they say..."Poof" the Magic Dragon....played to the tune of "Dust In The Wind"

Status
Not open for further replies.