PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2015
Hello, I was looking at ordering a few forever stems for a few MM cobs I just ordered and saw that as of May 26th they no longer take orders. I am having no luck finding an alternative and was hoping you gents could point me in the right direction. Thank you very much.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Missouri Meerschaum bought the Forever Stems franchise, but I don't know if they're up and running with them yet.

They will be very soon, if not, I believe.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Not Missouri Meerschaum, but an executive with Missouri Meerschaum. His wife is the main person behind the operation.
I am glad the forever stems are continuing and getting even closer to the source of the Cob
We are thrilled, happy and proud to

announce that

Log Cabin Pipe Works,

a new company owned by Pat Morgan,

wife of Phil Morgan, General Manager of Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipes,

is taking over making and selling our 'Forever' Corn Cob Pipe Stems.
Most of you know Phil and Pat. They are a friendly couple dedicated to Corn Cob Pipes and the pipe community. While Phil will continue as General Manager of Missouri Meerschaum, he will assist Pat in the art of stem making.
Log Cabin Pipe Works will soon be located in a log cabin workshop/office at their home near Washington, Missouri

( Missouri Meerschaum's hometown). They have spent time with us in Michigan learning the fine points of making our stems to the same super high quality standards we have always maintained.
Phil and Pat are in the process of setting up their new work shop and website, and will have stems available for sale on their site in the next several weeks. We know you will all support their new company as you have ours for so many years. We will work with them to help in every way we can, for as long as they need us, to help insure a smooth transition.
Our final days...
We will take orders on our website for 'Forever' Stems and MM pipes until Midnight Eastern Time on Monday, May 25. As soon as those orders are finished and shipped we will send our remaining inventory to Phil and Pat.
Their email address is LogCabinPipeWorks@gmail.com.
We will post additional contact information and a link to their website as soon as it is available.

Jun 7, 2015
Thank you guys for the replies. I was confused with the wording on foreverstems website and this has clarified it. I am also glad to hear they will be continued with MM and will be ordering as soon as up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I highly recommend Forever stems for MM cobs. Under the old regime -- and this may change -- the stems changed all MM cobs to unfiltered, which is just what I wanted. The material of Forever stems is more durable than the stock stems on most MM cobs and comes in a range of colors -- conservative like tortoise shell, and more colorful like orange with swirls. MM cobs are great smokers anyway, but this gives them the feel of the finest pipes, and a longer life and durability. So when Forever stems get back in action, go for it. They make those wonderful cob pipes near perfect.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"They make those wonderful cob pipes near perfect."
Yes indeed. I ordered two a few months back, one for filtered, which converts them to non-filtered and one for non-filtered. Got both styles covered. When the new operation cranks up, I will order four more, so I have three of each and should be set for life.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I've been contemplating trying some of the forever stems for a while now, but the shipping kinda made it less attractive.
Do these stems close off the excessively large draft you get on MM pipes?

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Do these stems close off the excessively large draft you get on MM pipes?"
Yes, as far as I am concerned. Many/most like a filtered Missouri Meerschaum sans filter, "wide open." Me, not so much. I was using the 6 mm Savinelli balsa inserts in place of the filters prior to getting the Forever Stems.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I've wanted to invest in some forever stems for a long time now but have been held back by one feature that seems to be adored by most of my fellow smokers: it renders them all unfiltered. The problem is I like most of my cobs with a filter, and won't buy one that won't take either the paper or balsa filters (regular MM stems take both).

Status
Not open for further replies.