PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Forever stems from Walker are very nice! When I first started with them I didn't

care for them as I thought they were to bulky. Now I have 4 and think they are very nice. I still like a filtered cobs for certain blends, but all in all they are great...

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I wish their size options in the tapered lucite's were other than 3 1/4", which for me is way too long. I got one to try and it sits in a drawer. It looked ridiculous on the pipe I wanted it for.
I prefer 2 3/4" or less, but I didn't want vulcanite and don't like the style of their 2 3/4" lucite "spear" style. But then, while I like the "Regal" style, they're all 3". So for my preferences, they don't offer what I'm looking for, which is a common 2 3/4" acrylic stem in various colors and styles.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought my Forever stems, four of them, before new management took charge, but I think it is generally the same product and service. I like mine. I don't consider cobs cheapo or disposable, so more permanent stems were an easy decision. Mine fit nicely and feel great. I had one cut to specifications, a little shorter than the length offered. They look classy and make the already pleasing cobs all-the-way satisfying.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I have one forever stem which I am very pleased with. I do have a lot of cobs but most of them are beaters that function fine as is. The one with a forever stem stays in my car and gets pretty frequent use there.

techie

Jul 20, 2018
I had one cut to specifications
MSO, was this cut to spec by Forever Stem? I didn't know it is an option.
JM Boswell is now selling MM cobs with his own custom stems, acrylic and vulcanite.
Definitely going to check those out. Thanks for the info!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missouri Meerschaum sells a few cobs with good acrylic stems, the Dagner poker, C&D Charlie Townes, and the freehand, among others. With these you get the acrylic stems as stock, and this saves the retrofit. You don't get the orange swirl stem, but the C&D pipe does have an impressive dark red stem.

techie

Jul 20, 2018
I do have the MM C&D Charles Towne and like everything about it. One of my favorite cobs!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...techie, love the balance on that pipe, and the ample bowl. It's a real keeper!

Status
Not open for further replies.