PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
hey all checking out the walker briarworks forever stems since I've almost managed to clench the tip off my trusty MM legend. How do they hold up vs the standard 6mm filtered orange tips that come on the cobs? I love my little legend and it's my smoke all day at work and beat around the campsite pipe. Are the stems worth it?

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I love 'em. As far as how they compare to the MM stems, well there's no comparison. They are real acrylic stems as opposed to the ones from MM.

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
They're great, but they are pricey (19 to 24 dollars each). I don't use mine (I have 5) for beaters, but both the vulcanite and acrylic models are much tougher than the stock bits. You can buy direct replacements for your Legend bit for about .50 cents, so you may want to go that way instead.

joshwolftree

well I decided since it is just a beater I would see how long it last's if it's more than a year at the rate I smoke it'll earn itself a forever bit, unfortunatly a trip to MM ended in 40 dollars because as long as I'm paying for shipping anyway lets get another bag of smokable seconds(they make great beater and taster pipes...) dangit I saved on a 24 dollar stem and ordered 40 dollars worth instead :crazy:

chawz

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Alaska
The stems are great, I have one curved and one strait acrylic for my mm country drs. They are well made and will probably be grandfathered to other cobs.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
BUY ONE!

The stems are amazing. Have one for my MM 5th Avenue. No complaints!

pipewife

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2012
unfortunatly a trip to MM ended in 40 dollars because as long as I'm paying for shipping anyway lets get another bag of smokable seconds(they make great beater and taster pipes...) dangit I saved on a 24 dollar stem and ordered 40 dollars worth instead

:rofl:

And that is exactly how it always starts! "Well, if I'm going to be paying shipping, might as well get ______ too."

joshwolftree

oh good I'm not the only one who looks at an order and goes well hell that less than the shipping lemme get...and maybe...ooh thats nifty...last time I did that I broke the hundred dollar mark on smoking pipes just for tobacco, ooh and 2 oz of this to try and yeah I think I need another tin of this for the cellar and holy cow I must learn self control

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
They are excellent stems. In addition to what's already been said about them, they're much easier to clean than the stock stems: a simple pass with a pipe cleaner is all it takes, since you don't have to deal with cleaning the filter cavity or the large airway, which on the stock stems is a wide slot.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
No comparison is right, bought a 4.5" one & the gentleman feels like a short church warden.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I love mine. I have 4 forever stems that I used with an MM Bent Great Dane and Country Gentlemen.
Bent:

a_Vulcanite_Round_Thumb.jpg

Bent nosewarmer:

a_Nosewarmer_Stem_Thumb.jpg

Tortoise bent:

a_Lucite_Standard_Thumb.jpg

Churchwarden, 8 in:

a_Forever-Churchwardens.jpg

churchwarden-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.