PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Love, love, love Star Wars, Empire Strikes and Return of the Jedi. After those three I just kind of lost interest. Seems that the original magic just wasn't there with any of the subsequent films. I was seven years old when the first one came out and grew up watching the movies and playing with the action figures. Classic Tolkien like story of good vs. evil.
Not a fan of Disney but I don't see a problem with them carrying on the torch.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I fear that this isn't going to end well. They've retained Lucas as a "Creative" Consultant, and they're saying that the new movies will be worked on by the same crews that worked on the terrible prequels and the godawful last Indiana Jones movie.
I say we start a petition to get Chris Nolan, of the new Batman trilogy fame, to direct any new Star Wars movie.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Peter Jackson would be another good go for a new Star Wars trilogoy, if he isn't still too busy with The Hobbit. I agree the last three Star Wars movie sucked. I fell asleep during the last one, literally. Totally missed the whole Wookie scene. Luckily I woke up in time for the best part of the movie, the birth of Darth Vader. If Spielberg isn't working on it, I have very little hope for Episode 7.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I will try to be positive about this news but i just keep hearing this in my head...
Me "I'm not afraid."
Disney "Ohhh...you will be, you will be."

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Crap, the last thing I want is Disney making Star Wars. Give it to anyone else please!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Chris Nolan would be good... but would be too dark for Disney
Jackon would be good... would much rather see his version of Star Wars than the Hobbit (yes I am so excited to see it regardless) and would have rather had Guillermo Del Torro do the Hobbit like originally planned.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I heard Del Torro backed out of the Hobbit because they couldn't decide on a script or a cast and he got tired of waiting.
Nolan is definitely a great director and it'd be interesting to see his version. Disney did go a bit darker with Bruckheimer's third installment of Pirates of the Carribean. Maybe they'd be a little more willing to do it with Star Wars.
A Tim Burton Star Wars would be another version that'd be pretty interesting. Plus, Burton did sell Nightmare Before Christmas to Disney, so there's a link up there.
One thing's for sure, Disney would never let Quentin Tarantino direct a film lol. That'd be an interesting film, Star Wars done Reservoir Dogs style lol.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I heard the same thing about Del Torro.... Tim Burton would be "interesting?" lol... As long as he doesn't put Johhny Depp in it I guess I would be ok with that.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Don't hate on any Star Wars movies lol but I am a bit leery about this. Can't say for sure whether or not Disney will succeed with Star Wars or not. I can only hope! I will be going to each premier that is for sure!

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
5410A451-B2B7-4778-B057-ABB6A3DA1CEF-1381-000000AD3AEB889C.jpg

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I say we start a petition to get Chris Nolan, of the new Batman trilogy fame, to direct any new Star Wars movie.

This would be cool. Maybe he could rewrite episodes I-III, maybe not make Anakin look like such a b%*#H.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Oh well. I don't see how Disney could f*** up the series any worse then George Lucas himself did.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I also was really into Star Wars as a child, I was 6 in 1977 and it was all I knew for years. Not sure how Disney will pull this off, especially since they will be do VII. That would have to include(cameos at least)of Hamill, Fisher and Ford, etc at least to keep continuity, but focus on the children of them for the most part.
my .02
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.