PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I said to myself: "Self, let's try one of those MM Hardwood pipes, maybe great for yard work...hey, I did want a cobbit too didn't I?!
Fifteen minutes later...
My confirmation email from MM.
Oh god.... 8O

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You forgot to get a couple 'a Morgans. Best clenching cob out there. Hopefully, you'll get at least one in the bag of seconds.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What have you done? Looks like you've set yourself up with a 21 day rotatation of some of the finest smokers on the planet. :wink:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Great selection! The Diplomat Apple and Mark Twain are two of my favorites.
Newbroom is right about those Morgans ... replaced my Tom Sawyers which are also good.
Congrats and enjoy all the great smokes! :puffy:

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
@cobguy @newbroom, oh I didn't forget the Morgans! I actually had one added to the list and realized I already had four backup Morgans on the shelf at home, besides the one I smoke regularly. Morgans are my favorite MM to date!

Mar 1, 2014
If you're adventurous enough...
http://www.pipemakers.org/lucite03.html
Lucite Stem #491 is my favourite for using with cobs.

These are already drilled at 1/16", so you have a good straight hole to follow for your preferred draft size.

It's best to track down some tapered tip drill bits, they do work better for enlarging an existing hole when you're just using a handheld electric drill.

Anything with the 5/16" tenon will almost fit a filter stem cob out of the box, they just need a few minutes of sanding on the tenon.

If you're a handyman, at $5 a shot I think it's a good deal. The only place I can find locally to buy acrylic blocks basically sells them for the same price as these pre-shaped stems.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Outstanding cobs! :clap:

My favs are my Diplomat, Mark Twain, Country Gentleman and Great Dane Spindle.

I don't have a Morgan but I think I hear one calling my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.