PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I have been on this forum for over a year now. I found this site while laying in a hospital bed recovering from surgery on my broken back. Not only did I find the answers to my burning questions, literally burning because I torched my mouth so bad, but I also met a fine group of people!

I don't usually post unless I feel I have something to contribute so I don't have a high post count and probably not many know who I am. I feel like I have something to say today...

I woke to a PM stating that a member has a present for me. I don't know who it is or what the gift is but it couldn't have come at a better time. I have been having a really rough couple of days with my pain levels and it makes me depressed and restless. The only two things I have to do is refurb e-bay pipes to sell so I can buy my tobacco and play my guitar.

This forum has become something of a bright spot in my life. I don't have many people in my life and none that share my passion for the pipe.

I guess what I am trying to say is THANK YOU to all that have touched me through this forum. And a huge thank you to the member who is sending me my mystery gift, it has already changed my day for the better!
Mods: I wasn't sure where to put this so please move my post if necessary

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I am glad that someone thought to give you something. It if fun to get a surprise.
Back pain is horrible. I have been a step or so away from surgery for 30 years, then it stopped. Praise the Lord! I always found I could endure the spikes of pain. But the ongoing midlevel pain that lasted weeks or longer really begins to grind.
I hate to be a wet blanket, but have you looked into the link between smoking and bone healing. My wife just had three vertebrea in her neck fused and the doctors made a big deal of this.
Winton

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
@Winton: Yes the mid level pain is what grinds on me. The spikes I can deal with OK because they are usually brief. I get shots in my spine and I am at the end of my cycle so my pain level is higher across the board as of late.

My Dr. said, "Smoking doesn't help but at least it is only a pipe." It it is one of my only pure pleasures in life and I intend to keep at it! :)

The generosity of some of our members is astounding. The last trade I made was for a Pipe and lighter set and the fella sent so many extras along with it that I felt guilty taking it! Great bunch of guys and gals on here for sure!

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Hi Spyder,

You're the own who grabbed up the Pete lighter combo.... how's it smoking.
Keep smiling brother....We know who you are :D

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
i don't want to try to compare my pain with yours but i do understand the depression that can hit. I get it also and it really hit when i was told that i cannot work anymore till we figure out what is going on. That is really how i started to smoke a pipe and how i found this place.

I agree with you 100% with how people on these forums are great and they do make things enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.