For Brigham Fans - An Unbelieveable eBay Deal!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I considered offering $5.00, but decided against it. With my luck it probably would have a Lakeland ghost -- especially at this time of the year.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Nice Free-Hand style 2 dot no cake clean with tooth marks. Well $20.00 will be a fair price.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Jesse you sure have an eye for the bargains. I want to appoint you as my official spotter! 10% commission.
Richard

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
That appears to be a President series fully rusticated free-hand pipe and based on stamping and pins (there are actually three there on the stem) I'd put it in production in the 80s. I think that in its condition it is a fair buy at $40 - $60. I've seen them go for up to $100. But that pipe is going to take an hour or so of work in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing to turn it into a swan again.
$750 might be a little inflated.
I'm going to send this message to the seller and see what they respond with.
EDIT - I see that the vendor has it listed as a limited run pipe, and dated it to 1978. I still don't think it's worth more than estimated above.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Message sent.
Reply received.
Price drop to $100.00.
I'm guessing that the vendor either didn't know what they had, has no idea about pipe values, or was trolling for an unaware buyer. Given the promptness of the vendor's reply to my message, and the cordial nature of same, I'm thinking this was more the former than the latter.
-- Pat

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
It might help that I had also sent him a message not an hour before you did, pruss. Several people telling you the same thing (I couldn't tell him the correct value, I just pointed out the flaws in his "perfect condition" pipe) has a lot of value.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Yeah the crazy eBay so many people that sell pipes usually got them through inheritance and what not and have no clue what they are selling.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
http://m.ebay.com/itm/UNSMOKED-PRE-1970S-HANDMADE-MAGNUM-SIZED-HUGE-SMOOTH-EHRLICH-PANEL-ITS-A-BIG-1-/361193125445?nav=SEARCH
Here's a real deal

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yeah the crazy eBay so many people that sell pipes usually got them through inheritance and what not and have no clue what they are selling.
Yep. Occasionally it works in ones favor. A couple of years ago a seller posted a Sasieni 8 Dot as a "Buy It Now" for $40. I just happened to log on right when it got listed. Bought it immediately. Beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.