Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacconists - B&M's and Internet Retailers

Tags:  No tags yet. 

For any of you near Cincinnati

(25 posts)
  1. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just wanted to pass along that if you are in the area and are unaware, Jungle Jim's International Market has a pipe section. They sell cheaper pipes, Lucienne, H.I.S., Cortina(I think), Sport, and some mini churchwardens and no name, "Italian" pipes. They also have a pretty decent selection of MacBaren, Ashton and CAO tins. One of the managers told me he is expanding his pipe section after I bitched and bitched about how big the cigar humidor was compared to pipes and tobacco. Oh yeah, they have one of those too. They also have all of the drugstore blends and the prices are decent but he said they will be going up soon.

Also, if you are ever in the area, this place is a friggin' trip and I highly recommend stopping by. They have just about every type of everything from all over the world. They were featured on Modern Marvels on The History Channel.

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey thanks for the info.I am in the western hills area.i will make it a point to check it out.

smokin my homemade rustic pipe. don`t get any better.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife and I are moving to the Akron/N. Canton area next March and I was looking at who's who around there. Any suggestions?

Russ
    Pipe smoking is true relaxation. Everything else is work.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. tiltjlp

tiltjlp

Login to Send PM

I'm from Cheviot. Is it both Jungle Jim's, or just the one on route 4? You need to give them the phone number, web address of MM.

http://www.corncobpipe.com/

John : The CobFather : Have Cobs, Will Smoke

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tiltjlp were you at in cheviot. i am on st.martin pl.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I went to school at UD. My neighbor's girlfriend kept telling me to go saying "if you like trader joe's you'll love jungle jim's." I never made it out tho. Had she only mentioned the pipe section!!!

If you can spare the hour drive up to Dayton, The Wharf is a great place tho. Not the best pipe selection but the beat pipe baccy selection in the greater Dayton area, and excellent cigar choices. Oh, and you can smoke in there...w/ wifi.

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Holy crap. Small world. I grew up on Lovell Avenue in Cheviot. Livin' in Vegas now though. Only head back to Cincy to visit family every once in a while. Have to check that place out though on my next trip back.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. jasongone

jasongone

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i forgot all about jungle jim's having the pipe and cigar stuff. Thanks for the reminder.
    I did not realize there were so many from the Cincy area, I grew up in Loveland, left in 2000 and started jumping all over the country, returned to Cincinnati area this past December.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@ tiltjlp, I can't speak for the one in anderson. Route 4 is the one I'm talking about

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. tiltjlp

tiltjlp

Login to Send PM

buckeye, I'm on Ruth Lane, behind the Shamrock gas station.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tiltjlp your right up the street.lordofthepiperings i have a brother in vegas. man if all you
    guys still lived in the area we could start a pipe club.lol

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

now I need some Skyline Chili

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

yes it`s skyline time.really it is.i have not had a 3 way in awhile.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just received some great service from Jungle Jim's. This morning I was cleaning my pipes and I broke one that I had purchased there on 10-7. It was a cheap Lucienne but was still an investment on my part. The manager, Lee looked at it and told me to pick out another no questions asked. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I really liked the pipe but view a cheap pipe as more of a tool rather than something I would repair (especially at $18.25.) Unfortunately they have raised their prices though. They have all of the Seven Seas line now and they went from $11 to $14. But hey, with service like that, I will spend a little extra sometimes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They are now carrying Dunhill tobaccos

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. gwynclan

gwynclan

Login to Send PM

All tin tobaccos??? Dhizzy

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorbytim

Login to Send PM

I prefer Straus for pipe tobacco. But no one in the Cindy area really carries extensive inventory of premium pipes. I live in Mason. I get my pipes and most of my pipe tobacco online.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. gwynclan

gwynclan

Login to Send PM

Call carousel tobacconist in reading, worth the drive from mason
    I live in montgomery.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All tin tobaccos???

Yes.

They also now have Dan Tobacco, Erinmore and Orlik.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bump. Just wanted to let you guys know that the last time I was there they had gotten in some more stuff and I made it out with a tin of Old Dark Fired for 16 bucks! Not bad considering it was like playing Where's Waldo when trying to find it on the net. The manager, Lee, will listen to you if you really want something in and seems to be a stand up guy. I have yet to badger him about the cheapo knock off Chinese cobs he got in though. In his defense he was pretty much a cigar smoker and knew nothing about pipes until a short while ago.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

3 way and a skyliner.. pass the hot sauce.

I Enjoy Aromatics
    I Enjoy Peterson Pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. javajunkie

javajunkie

Login to Send PM

Call carousel tobacconist in reading, worth the drive from mason
    I live in montgomery.

this little shop is seriously good people. dude just helped me pick up my first estate pipe, and even stayed a little late past closing, holding him up from his grandson's birthday no less, to help me with my selection. i will be going back to these people.

on topic, is it BOTH jungle jim's, or just the old one? i am south of the river and eastgate is a little closer (but still a hike).

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

300e

Login to Send PM

JJ-

Eastgate has a nice pipe section as well. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and was impressed with the selection and pricing for a B&M. Don't recall exactly, but the Dunhill tins were like $10 or $11 each.

There is a separate parking area in the rear that gives you direct access to the beer, liquor, and tobacco sections if you don't want to have to wade through the entire store.

Check it out, it's very nicely done.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Stopped by JJ's again yesterday and picked up a couple more MacBaren tins. I got Mixture Modern and Roll Cake. The Roll Cake has 2 years of age on it already from sitting on the shelf! They also got in all of the Erik Stokkeby (spelling?) 4th Generation blends.

Posted 9 months ago #
  25. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Headed over to Jungle Jim's Fairfield store tomorrow (10-10) for the cigar tasting. I'm not a cigar smoker but its rare for me to be off on a Thursday night and I jump at the chance to be around other smokers. The event is from 5-8 and some supposedly super famous guy named Willie Hererra from Drew Estate is going to be there selling cigar samplers. I'm hoping he'll bring some of the new pipe tobaccos. I'll be there from about 5-7 if anyone wants to drop by and have a smoke. They have a full service bar as well. I was told getting in is free and the cigar samplers are $15.

Posted 6 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jguss, lonestar, andrew, captainsousie, snagstangl, novicemaker, kanaka95, ae1pt