For Addiction Support, You're All Useless!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The other night I bid on a dozen or so tins of aged tobacco, my first time doing so. I expected to win a couple, but awake to "winning" the whole dozen. My acquisition disorder is starting to bleed over to other aspects of my life. I actually skipped a meal today to save money!

The S. Bang is coming by way of Michael over at BriarBlues and the Kent Rasmussen by way of Rodrigo at TREASUREPIPES. Misc tobacco from PIPESTUD, Historymann, and a couple others I'm unfamiliar with. Heavy sigh :(

The tobacco I order somewhat blindly....

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
A Bang will pay you a few nights in a hotel if the house is gone! :wink: :lol:

That Billiard is sheer beauty!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Nate, I just want you to know that I have been living vicariously through you these past few weeks! You have built up a dream collection of pipes and tobacco. Keep up the great work!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Join the Darkside.....
H2aSMr7.jpg

q8AYL6W.jpg

cellar pic courtesy of Peck.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
The aged Mac Baren Syrian is a great score I bought 3 from pipestud 2 years ago. Mine is from 2006 and I have to say it is fantàstic. Still have 2 tins left

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks ConleJM!! That's high praise!! Glad to know I'm not riding this train alone!!
Concerning Peck, I have a problem with spending money on pipes and now tobacco, not so much quantity as dollar figure. Peck has a PROBLEMX3 with quantity, quality, dollar figure, storage capacity, and whatever other aspects exist. Dude needs an Intervention!! Intervention being the word used as an excuse to cease his assets :)
Eastern... Good to know as I know nothing at all about what I bought. Making blind purchases makes for bad choices, but figured I'd have to luck out on a couple at least. Good to know I got at least one good one!!
gigger, I've sold my Dunhills that I was willing to part with, but I do have a really nice Davidoff I'd trade. I bought a trio of them. One is away being repaired, one i smoke regularly, and the last is too large for my smoking tastes. PM me if interested.
St. V.... what a tragic sad thought, hocking a Bang for a room. sad. I fell in love with that billiard the moment I saw it and overpaid most likely, but I think it's the most perfect billiard I've ever seen and its LG which is rare for Bangs. I can't wait till its in my hands which according to UPS won't be till next week :(

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's what we're all here for, to make each other feel that our sickness is less extreme than someone else's. I'm thankful for this Peck guy.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
For Addiction Support, You're All Useless!!!
Agreed, you really need some turn of the 20th century English factory pipes to round out your collection. Go get yourself some fishtail Sasieni 8 dots, and some Family era Royal Comoy's, Blue Ribands and London Prides... *grin*
-- Pat

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You need to rethink your thread titles, bro. I think we are collectively doing yeomans work in supporting your addiction...
:nana:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Well I've found when I post these threads on the actual addiction forum the responses are very, very sad. I read them while my tears put out my pipe :crying:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I am sorry... don't get your pipes wet. You have nice pipes!
But in another thread, this happened:
Don't listen to these guys. It's a terrific hobby and doesn't at all have financial or practical costs. It's harmless in each and every way. Happy smoking!!!
So you are already aiding and abetting others...
:rofl:

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Wow Peck, have you smoked from all of those pipes at least once, if you had them all in your rotation you would have to be lucky to smoke the same pipe in the same 10-12 month period. lol
What a hoard of tobacco, you could almost open your own online store. lmao
How long did it take you to collect all those pipes and tobacco's?

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Sorry guys, I didn't clarify. The pipe pics were just a random google for PAD. The cellar pic is from one of Pecks posts.

I know the first thing an addict says is, I don't have a problem, but I don't see a problem with collecting pipes or cellaring.

It could be worse. Gambling, hookers, beanie babies...

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks for the clarification. I can assure you that my pipes are much better organized than in that top photo. I also deny any knowledge of the second photo.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Damn peck.... For a guy in such profound state of addiction you'd think some resources would've gone into more industrial shelving! Those babies are buckling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.