PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I know this is going to sound like heresy, or maybe insanity, but part of the fun of our hobby is experimenting with different tobacco blends.
So I have a large supply of Frog Morton Cellar, which I'm absolutely crazy about, and I recently acquired some MacBaren Honey & Chocolate, which, to my surprise, wasn't at all wet or goopy or overly sweet; just a nice, mellow smoke.
So, I thought, what if......
I filled a bowl of my old but sweet-smoking Jobey with alternating pinches of FMC, a little of the Chocolate, and the result was a REALLY mellow, rich, satisfying smoke, great aroma, with a surprising nicotine hit. It seemed to really bring out the FMC bourbon flavour. This is great, and I'll probably do it again (as long as I have plenty of FMC on hand.)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Ahh, I thought you were going to talk about the wonderful effects that you can get if you eat a piece of chocolate and then smoke -- either a pipe or a cigar. The flavors can be amazing.
BTW, I learned this by reading that it was something Peter Falk (TV's Columbo) did whenever he smoked a cigar.
Bob

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Sounds like a tasty blend for sure 4dots. I enjoy mixing blends or making a parfait in a larger bowl pipe, layering in different tobaccos. I've never tried any of the Frog Morton Blends from McClelland only because I enjoy so many of their others. You have piqued my interest here, sounds pretty tasty.

Apr 23, 2013
Wow! haha I've been doing the same for a while. I bought a tin of honey & chocolate and didn't really like it.
So anyway I have been mixing the two and i quite like it! It also means that my supply of FMC goes down a lot slower :wink:

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I will be eating some fine chocolate tonight with some FMOTT !! But never thought of mixing it with my aro blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.