PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Learned from a while back to cover the bowl and flick the spit out the end of the stem. No longer have to use pipe cleaners while smoking. Anyone else regularly do this?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yes I do this. For that matter I also don't typically use tissues when afield in winter, preferring the "farmer's blow" instead (in field and wood, not in town). I'm all for simple and efficient.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
preferring the "farmer's blow" instead
Every time I try to do this it feels like my eye is going to pop out of my head. I must be doing it wrong. I much prefer the ol' snork n loogie.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
If I understand correctly snork n loogie would involve sucking the snot back up your nose and spitting it out. That would likely cause ear problems for me. I suppose we humans have different nose/sinus configurations. Whatever works.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I just keep stumbling into threads that leave me confused about life and wondering where the pole athletes and baseball players come into the equation - and now the list includes farmers, flingers, and slingers, and snork n loogies....
I am just so confused. Where does it all end???? Medic!
:nana:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Verp: You forgot the strippers.... :laughat: 8O
Similar to sable, I haven't a need for slinging nor many pipe cleaners (maybe one in ten bowls?)

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I do it all the time. If you're good with your aim, it's a useful gesture for underscoring a point in any difficult conversation. My only complaint is that upsetting the ash/ember while flicking a nice splatter of "shank juice" across, say, your boss's lunch sometimes leads to more relights. Depends on what you're smoking, though. With a nice loose stem, artful flicking can also be lethal if the situation requires it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I dissasemble, and blow through the stem. When I'm driving I have to take my hat off so it doesn't hit the door frame, while my head is turned, to blow it out of the window. One time I caught a bad wind direction, and the nicotine saturated spit actually hit me right in my left eye. Burned for a long time.
Hopefully someone will learn from this lesson.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Learned from a while back to cover the bowl and flick the spit out the end of the stem. No longer have to use pipe cleaners while smoking. Anyone else regularly do this?
Spit?? As in saliva? If so, doubly gross and a suggestion to rethink how you smoke.
Condensation? If so, dry the tobacco more, slow down, load evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.