PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Found 2 savinellis at a local flea market. One is silver bound with savinelli stamped into the silver, the bottom stamping is worn but I believe it says "dry system 2". The Other is stamped "savinelli autograph". They are boyhood in very rough shape (pics when I get home). I hope it's worth restoring them if it is even possible.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Ok here they are. If anyone knows of a way to restore/repair this, or of somebody I should send them to, please let me know. If they are beyond hope, they were cheap.
The Pair

photo1-600x448.jpg

A small crack in the side of the "Dry System" Pipe...might just be a flaw in the briar...not sure.

photo-1-600x448.jpg

Dry System Stem (if you think this is a mess, scroll down to the Sav Autograph)

photo-5-600x448.jpg

Dry System Bowl

photo-2-600x448.jpg

Autograph Stem (completely clogged)

photo-3-600x448.jpg

Autograph Bowl (I think most of the damage here is broken up cake...but there is some damage to the briar as well)

photo-4-600x448.jpg

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'm thinking I'll send the autograph off to walker briarworks for a full restoration. The other may just get stuck in a drawer for now.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I would restore the one that looks cracked yourself as it may not be a crack and even if it is once its cleaned up you can still put it in rotation until you get a better one. It will smoke.

I am in the middle of restore 4 pipes right now, you never know what you got till you spend a little time...and besides its fun.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
If you're sending one to the hospital for a repair, send them both. You won't regret it, and you'll have 2 beautiful pipes for far less than you'd get either one new.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Doesn't look like the previous owner was very clean when it came to his pipes. The tobacco taste must have been awful. No way I'd stick that in my mouth without some serious reworking.

Status
Not open for further replies.