Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I was seeing tin of Penzance listed and suddenly they are all gone! Flea Bay get their shorts in a bunch again? Not that I am wanting any, just like looking at the selling prices.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
It's 100% illegal to sell tobacco on eBay now - sealed, "collectible" or otherwise since the new Regs passed.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
In China I used to be able to buy pipe tobacco on taobao(kind of like amzon and ebay in one), but it became illegal to sell tobacco there. Now everyone uses wechat or qq to sell. You just find an online seller, add him as a friend, and look at his albums to choose whixh tobacco you want. Can anything be one like that in America to replace ebay's tobacco sales?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Just keep an eye on pipestud.com he's got some available for sale from time to time.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I'm confused. Ebay pulls listings for tobacco, yet they send me emails almost daily with new listings of tobacco tins for sale...

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I sold two "collectible tins" on ebay about two weeks ago. I included all the disclaimer verbiage about the contents not being for consumption, etc., so maybe they got a pass.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
US eBay doesn't allow selling of tobacco, but they do a crappy job of policing their posts. There's actually a requirement to post a photograph showing the empty interior of a "collectible" tin. Nobody follows the rules and eBay doesn't act unless someone files a complaint. There are something like 32 different eBay sites covering different parts of the planet, so sales originating in other countries with no such restrictions do show up here.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
US eBay doesn't allow selling of tobacco, but they do a crappy job of policing their posts. There's actually a requirement to post a photograph showing the empty interior of a "collectible" tin. Nobody follows the rules and eBay doesn't act unless someone files a complaint. - sablebrush52
Sablebrush52 hit the nail on the head. And as one who knows, once you are red flagged you never get off that list. Until then, you can sell away until somebody reports you. eBay has tons of categories to police and I don't think pipe tobacco tins are at the top of their list. Unfortunately, I am. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.