PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
I usually smoke a pipe and sometimes a Cohiba Club Cigar. Now I know I'm about to be laughed out of the forum because most men/women smoke un-flavored cigars and snicker at aromatic cigars. My question is,is there an un cheap higher quality flavored cigar that is actually pretty damn good? Or no such animal. Just want somthing good not a drug store backwoods,swisher ect. Somthing good higher quality I hope.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I really enjoy La Aurora Principes, roughly $35 for 55 cigars. Enjoyable but very cheap. If your looking for something a little higher quality I also recommend the Acid line by Drew Estate.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I don't care what people think I have tried some decent well respected cigars (punch, cohiba etc) and my favorite cigar is still Swisher Sweet Kings with the natural leaf wrapper. Although I would love to try one of those Spectre cigars with latakia!!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Acid by drew estate, start with the blue. I also like drew estate naturals. All or flavored with essences and oils.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I find myself tempted by Acid cigars a lot. Is there anywhere I can find a description of what flavors are used? I don't know what to expect from a cigar merely labeled "blue." Also, do they need to be treated differently than un-aromatic cigars or can I just toss them in the same (small) humidor I keep my (5-10) other cigars in?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I find myself tempted by Acid cigars a lot. Is there anywhere I can find a description of what flavors are used?
Drew Estate is very proprietary when it comes to their flavorings. They use herbs, botanicals and essential oils in various combinations. One of the flavors I can detect is patchouli, for example. If you're looking for more traditional flavors like vanilla, cherry and the like, we have a really nice, affordable line of handrolled flavored cigars called Cuban Honeys which have caught on like wildfire, and they're made by La Aurora, as well.
Russ

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Thanks, Russ. I really appreciate that. I despise patchouli. I don't want to smoke an old hippy.
I'm definitely going to try some of those Cuban Honeys. I very much appreciate knowing what flavor I'm buying.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I really enjoy La Aurora Principes, roughly $35 for 55 cigars. Enjoyable but very cheap. If your looking for something a little higher quality I also recommend the Acid line by Drew Estate.
You really nailed the best I've ever tried. My favorite Acids are the Extraordinary Larry, followed by Kuba-Kuba and Liquid, but the Principes should not be underestimated--- they are made from leftover cuttings from La Aurora's best cigars, and both Principe flavorings (mint and vanilla) are very well done.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
If you have a sweet leaning, the aforementioned ACID cigars are willing to oblige easily; the Blondie(blue band) is a nice shorter smoke and the Cold Infusion Tea(gold band) is a personal favorite, rich and light enough for just about any time of day. Bolder and a bit more savory/dense are the 'Juggernaut Purple' bands (Extraordinary Larry and Roam,another favorite) and the more 'intense' Red bands like Nasty and Liquid.
For more traditional flavored cigars, CAO offers a couple, DE has the Tabak Especial, and the couple of Heavens that I had smoked (Rum, specifically) were pleasant.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I always favored the CAO flavored cigars, especially Moontrance. They use good tobaccos, but are generally quite mild. Not a lot of sizes to choose from either, Robusto, Corona, Petite Corona and cigarillos. P&C gives pretty good descriptions of the flavors.

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
The Acid line can be very intense in their flavorings/aromatics which I'm not always able to enjoy for the length of a cigar smoke. Drew Estate also makes Isla Del Sol which I love. It is more coffee forward with the Drew flavorings popping in here and there as accents. Isla Del Sols were my first box purchase and everyone I have shared them with loves them. They have a sweetened tip which I could do without but it fades away before the 1/2way point.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes have won the tug of war with me, though I still enjoy a cigar when someone else is buying.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I like a good hand-rolled 38-42 double-maduro cigar. I'm just no longer willing to pay for one. 99.9% of cheap cigars, which include the flavored ones, are used for blunts, and if not for that, would've been off the market years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.