Flavor Overload (in a good way)

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by georged
  • Latest reply from alaskanpiper
  1. georged

georged

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This recommendation is mostly for you older guys whose attenuated-by-age taste buds require something special after a lifetime of exercise.

You youngsters are welcome to give it a try, though.

When the mood hits me to be face-slammed with outrageous deliciousness, I cut a few slices of Appenzeller cheese, pour a world-class Imperial IPA, fill a favorite briar with some rope, and alternate bites, sips, and puffs until all is gone.

Oh yeah....

Ropes are discussed often, here, so pick your poison.

As for the cheese and beer, here are my recommendations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appenzeller_cheese

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

Dogs live such short lives... and spend most it waiting for us to come home
    Posted 1 month ago #
  2. mortonbriar

mortonbriar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'Face slammed with outrageous deliciousness' should have its own emoji...

Beverage pairings are old news, but this cheese angle is intriguing. I have some peppercorn gouda and a very (possibly outrageously) delicious IPA put out here in New Zealand by a small brewery called 'Good George' (not joking).

Will sample tomorrow if I get the chance, I think I have some black twist somewhere....

Isaac

I don't really care if the cup is half full or half empty, I just want something to sip on.
    Posted 1 month ago #
  3. shayde

shayde

Login to Send PM

Kia Ora

"I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new." -Robert W. Service
    Posted 1 month ago #
  4. mortonbriar

mortonbriar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kia Ora e hoa!

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

georged, you old sumptuary, that sounds great. A tsunami of flavors.

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. hugodrax

hugodrax

Login to Send PM

Bloody hell, no, I haven't. You speak of flavors that would awake the dead. I merely sip Virginia or vapers. What need have I to overwhelm my palate? I've been treating her like a lady for years.

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Login to Send PM

Bourbon or Islay Scotch, Imperial Stout or English Style Barleywine, and Rope or a strong English blend, after a fat steak or moose bourguignon is how I ravage my palate with flavor. It makes a special Sunday.

Wouldn’t have thought to do a DIPA. I’ll have to give it a go. Don’t know about eating at the same time though. Eating while smoking has never appealed to me much. Maybe I’ll give some cheese a go as well anyway. Probably L’amuse Gouda. As Hunter Thompson would say, the only ones who really know where the edge is are those who have gone over it.

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." ---Hank

"Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man..." --- The Dude
    Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   aquadoc, jchaplick, pianopuffer, armonts, bluegrassbrian, bnichols23, lestrout, cosmicfolklore, the85boro, carolinachurchwarden