PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You heard it here first, folks! My email notification popped up and I clicked on it immediately to find that Penznace was out of stock. Then another notification, followed by another, followed just now by yet another, all claiming that this fairy dust blend is in stock and all links showing that it is NOT is stock. So be sure to not be able to buy this fairy dust blend before it comes in, before the opportunity to not buy it is missed. :eek:

Dec 24, 2012
I had the same experience. I thought they were just screwing with my mind with the multiple notifications. Would have been a better gag on April 1 than now though.

Dec 24, 2012
Daimyo, are you telling me that you never got an e-mail about the fabled blend that SP does not have in stock?
LOL. Those guys at SP are such teases. It's like foreplay with no money shot.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I got one for Peacehaven, which also seemed out of stock and one for Pelican, which I grabbed two of. After checking, I am signed up for Penzance notification but must not have checked the box for false alarms.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Someone on FB just claims to have nabbed an 8oz bag of the Zance, the plot thickens.

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
Sorry about those multiple notifications, guys. We had a little software misfire just as we received the Penzance into inventory that produced the multiple e-mails.
-Josh

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
So some did come in but some people got multiple notifications and others received none? Not trying to beat the horse, just curious.

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
daimyo: Yes, we did actually have Penzance for 5-10 minutes. It was an even smaller shipment than usual, so it went particularly fast this time. But everyone who is signed up for the alert should have received one. If you didn't, you're welcome to e-mail me at joshua.burgess@smokingpipes.com. If you send me the e-mail address where you were expecting the alert, I can ask one of the guys in IT to make sure that the address is in the system correctly and check whether or not the alert actually went out.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Will do Josh, I double checked and I am signed up for both 8 and 2 oz notifications. I did get the notification on Peacehaven and Pelican.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got the notification and immediately ordered... That's strange; I got a confirmation and everything. Now I'm off to check my email with a sense of dread.
Edit: Email still has the confirmation and I don't have an I'm sorry we didn't mean to sell you penance email; fingers crossed.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Ha I got that email just now I looked at the time the email was sent and I looked at the time and I did not even bother looking lol.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I guess you have to have senior privileges just to get an email. Or maybe they sold out before the list send had a chance to finish and they just aborted the rest of the list.
I'm wondering if they just had tins or were there 8oz bags?
Pax

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm wondering if they just had tins or were there 8oz bags?
8 Oz bags. Full disclosure, I figured out that their notification system was out of sync with their stock database update. So after I sent off this missive, I just kept hitting the refresh button until "out of stock, sorry" changed into "Hallelujah! You have reached the promised land", and placed an order.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Well, I was definitely signed up to be alerted for 8oz bags. Smart, Sablebrush.
Why do feel like Christmas has come and gone, and Santa never showed up?
Pax

Status
Not open for further replies.