PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
I was looking for the Post where Python was admonishing me for my lack of patience on this.
Mate is like a Kid at Christmas, or something to that effect......
Any way I now see why it took so long, excellent job Bob
And what neatly manicured nails, I hope Kevin reimburses you for the nail grooming.........lol
If Tobacco Advertising were allowed you could be a Tobacco Model
But good work.
I find the cut is working great for me, but I just cut across the grain, and I get the little cubes, I don't do the lengthways first. So its quicker. Probably produces less dust too.
I just gravity fill and drop tamper in to just even..........DONT PRESS

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
My nails are all natural. I even bite them sometimes, lol.
I will try doing the cut without cutting long ways first. Are your flakes dry when you cut them that way?

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
Was thinking,
If you were out and about, with say a tin on SG Balkan Flake, and you had one of those pocket Cigar Cutters
Fold the flake, or roll it and clip what you need.....
I'll try it and let you know
Are My Flake Dry? I've done it with dry and moist, seems t work fine.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Bob does have nice nails! I noticed that too, lol.
Mine, on the other hand are the opposite. I guess I won't be making any close up hand shots.
I used the fold & stuff with SG Bracken Flake this morning. I just broke off the pieces sticking out of the top of the bowl and dropped them on top.

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
I won't be doing any videos for you.
Apart from biting and the occasional cutting with a pen knife
Working on MiniMinors, Go-Karts, Motorcycles, fishing with a hand line and sailing.........NOT A PRETTY SIGHT
In fact for any manual work, I insist on the lights out.

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
I say its OK to have Clean Hands, just have a Dirty Mind
Thats one of my pet peeves, I hate when strangers touch me, I don't know what you have been digging or scratching previously.
Also when I am upset with someone, it seems that thats when the want to touch me, as if our bonding will maket it bette. It only makes it Worse ............
Go be AT&T, o Bell somewhere else, I don't want you to reach out and touch me........ I'll blow smoke in your face for that

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
Question for BOB / Python
You mentioned you had a special scissors for cutting flakes
Would you advise us tho have multiple scissors for
Virginia Flakes

Latakia Flakes

Aromatic Flakes
ANXIOUSLY AWAITING REPLY???????????????????????

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
Try this, I find it working great.. I was trying to get the results of Broken Flake
I used SG Balkan Flake (bulk), the slices are at least twice as long as the SG Tins
Cut the flake into 1" to 1.25", into a bowl. Knead using very little pressure. You don't want to create clumps.
_______
This we will call the Jeffrey Dahmer Method

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I used to use the fold method. I never could get an even burn, and had trouble keeping them lit. I am rubbing all my flakes now, and it seem, for me anyway, to work better.

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
smokeing flake takes a perfectionist if you pack it ,. it clog's if you rub it it also clogs i found if you fold it like in a roll then insert it in the bowl light it then gently pack as you go its an amazeing smoke slow burning last for about two hours .

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Pbgoldwing55 Said: smokeing flake takes a perfectionist
I don't know about 'perfectionist' when packing flake tobacco. It takes some practice, but you don't have to be 'perfect'.
Pbgoldwing55 Said: if you pack it ,. it clog's if you rub it it also clogs
It can clog if you pack it too tight, but that goes for any type of tobacco cut. I have not had any problems with my pipe clogging from rubbing out flakes.
You should watch my videos on Flake Pipe Tobacco Preparation. It might help you fine tune some of your techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.