PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Florida jury slams tobacco company with $23.6B in punitive damages in widow's lawsuit. Cigarette-related, but still ... quite a settlement.
http://news.yahoo.com/fla-jury-slams-rj-reynolds-194902821.html

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
With an unjust and immoral system all of us smokers (I also vape) should be worried that our friendly govt will stop these lawsuits by protecting smokers from themselves

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I read this earlier and that is a joke of a award for one damn person. The proliferation of the harms of cigarette smoking have been widespread and on going since the tobacco industry was held to an ethical standard of advertising by the FDA decades ago. To think someone can actually claim ignorance of this and seek damages awarded for the loss of their loved one is just asinine. This is why everything costs so damn much around here anymore and why laws and regulations just continue to keep piling up: idiots and blood sucking lawyer.
I HATE this kind of letigious abuse.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I was just reading this story earlier and it is absolutely ridiculous, the statements that are being made are incomprehensible. It amazes me to think that we live in a world that you can make any dumbass decision you want to make and when it finally bites you in the ass you can blame somebody else and they can take the hit. Anybody that has been a Cigarette smoker or have simply lived around cigarette smokers know that cigarettes are bad for you, my grandmother died from lung cancer developed over 50+ years of cigarette smoking that doesn't mean it was the tobacco companies fault, they didn't tell her to buy the cigarettes or to smoke them that was her choice. This woman's husband was a grown man that chose to smoke. Now I have never touched cigarettes and I don't plan to yet, but I have to side with RJ Reynolds on this simply for principle

Status
Not open for further replies.