PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I just finished watching episode 1 of this WWII documentary about five Hollywood directors who joined the war effort by actually filming the war. William Wyler, Frank Capra, George Stevens, John Ford, and John Huston. Amazing photos and film, both in color and black and White. The show explains what they were doing in the war and why they were doing it. An added bonus is a lot of pipe smoking action. Can be found on Netflix. Here's a trailer... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuiCTz6Khw

Jan 8, 2013
You're welcome, guys. I'm going to watch the second episode tonight. I don't normally go out of my way to watch documentaries, but this one sounded interesting and I really enjoyed the first episode.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Coppola, spielburg, and Streep narrating, make me hesitant to the narrative represented, but I will definitely check it out as it sounds interesting. Thanks!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I got this as a screener earlier this year. Absolutely first rate in all regards. I'm familiar with much of the material and found the stories expertly presented. A fine tribute to 5 of the greatest film directors of the Greatest Generation.

Jan 8, 2013
I finished this tonight, and although I don't normally watch documentaries I'm glad I did. This three part series was fantastic. Joining the military armed with their cameras, these directors captured, I believe, the emotion, the horror, the tragedy and triumph, the atrocities and heroism of World War II. Each of them returned home changed men. I give the show five out of five puffies. :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:
The Greatest of all emotions... is love. The world is not all evil. Yes we do have nightmares, but we also have dreams. We do have villainy, but we also have compassion. There is good in the world, and it's wonderful. - Frank Capra
3b4ea009fb8d29dd54829d5a983a8b24--frank-capra-cigar-smoking.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.