PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers, the pouch burley tobacco that comes dry as a bone, lasts forever in

its pouch, and burns fast, is not recommended for new pipe smokers, people

sensitive to high nicotine, or people who don't like burley. But for others who like

an occasional high nic smoke that lasts just about ten minutes, Five Brothers is a

pleasant change-up. It doesn't require a sealed jar. It comes dry, smokes dry, and

burns fast. But for those who tolerate it well, it is a fine old time smoke. A no-frill

thrill.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I like to have a pouch around myself. Sometimes I put a pinch on top of a freshly packed bowl. It provides a little quick start with it being dry, kindling if you will. Also it gives a nic hit right off, then the flavor of my intended smoke, usually a latakia blend, comes thru having been set up by the burley.

Jul 15, 2011
5 Brothers and a cup of dark black, boiling hot coffee will get your ass in gear and moving like none other. It's also good at the end of a bad day at work. If it comes down to smoking some 5 Brothers to calm down or beating someone in the face with a hammer, I'll light up 5 Brothers anytime.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Ha. I also put a pinch on top of moister aros to get a better cherry going. It's smokeable, though the OTC I like the most remains Carter Hall. If 5 Bros was all I could afford, I could live with that. Not sure it's better than beating certain people in the face with a hammer though.
I have one of these:

Warhammer_zpse9955821.jpg

Jul 15, 2011
simnettpratt, I need one of those to carry to work with me. Today was particularly infuriating and I could have taken of those to my supervisor who is a raging dickwad. I came home and smoked some Kendal Kentucky which is the European equivalent of 5 Brothers and was just as good, helped to calm my nerves. Also, the guy who lives in the apartment above me might benefit from a few good swings from that bad boy.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hey Novelist, I also have a halberd, a pole axe and a mace. We used to take them out to the parking lot and smash old computer equipment, much to the folks upstairs delight. CRT monitors were the best, they explode! Probably better than taking them to some of our goofiest clients' noggins, though possibly not as satisfying.
It was pretty funny when they saw me walking upstairs with this, it's about seven feet tall and super sharp!

Halberd_zps0eceb8f0.jpg

Don't mean to derail the thread, back to Five Brothers, which I like second to Carter Hall in OTCs.

Jul 15, 2011
Yeah. Back on topic. 5 Brothers. Great blend. Super strong and whatnot....
Any chance you could mail that to me? :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers is indestructible. If people become extinct, the last remnant of civilization may

be a bunch of kitchen roaches sitting around smoking Five Brothers. It comes dry, it stays dry,

and when you smoke it months later, it smokes just fine.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
You guys always bring up my favorite topics of discussion at the end of my shift when I'm too damn tired to reply with a proper long post haha.
5 Bros is the best. Simple to pack, keep lit, and you gotta love the nic hit. Its my go to work or chill out blend because it's just so simple and relaxing. No rubbing out, no relights when you get the cadence, just a short powerful smoke.

Mar 1, 2014
5 Brothers was my starter tobacco (I was trying to learn what effects Nicotine has on me, turns out nothing until I'm flat on the floor).

Even after trying dozens of other blends, I still have an appreciation for this one, not that it's the best, I guess I just like how unpretentious it is.

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
This stuff knocked me on my ass once. To me, it hits quite a bit harder than JKP. I use it sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.