Five Brothers

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by scrooge
  • Latest reply from jackswilling
  1. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone ever try it? Whats your opinion. Have 10 pouches laying around, wondering if I should open 1 or let it age some thanks

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoke one immediately. Then you may want to pass it along...heh heh heh.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's burley, and by current lights, doesn't gain much from aging, so break open one of those pouches and pack a bowl. Go easy at first until you get its range. It's high nicotine, and very dry and burns fast. Have a good meal, have a tall glass of water, and start with a small bowl or part of a medium bowl, and see how you like it. If you're a burley guy, you'll probably do fine. If you don't know, go slow.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

frozenchurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I appreciate Five Brothers for the simple fact that it's an almost dummyproof tobacco.
    The flavour is different, I actually tried it very early on after getting my first pipe, it didn't seem like much at first but six months later (after I had grown to know more subtleties) I could actually appreciate it for what it is and not what it isn't.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well mso489 you were right fired up a bowl, a big bowl. No bad effects but it did stop my urge for a cig, just quit about 7 wks ago. man this stuff burned fast, seems like less then 5 minutes . didn't 4get about you mcitinner thks

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

scrooge, just a footnote ... several Forums members have said Five Brothers is a great pick-up to mix with milder blends to give them a little charge of nicotine and maybe flavor or even-burning too. I haven't tried this. I always smoke Five Brothers neat, but I like the idea of mixing it and may try it.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. jimbo44

jimbo44

Login to Send PM

Finest 5 minutes you'll ever have (as the Bishop said to the Actress!).

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. jackswilling

jackswilling

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipestud stated he had it every morning "parfait" style, 2/3 on top of 1/3 royal Yacht. He likes nicotine, that is for sure.

"Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
    James. C. Henderson
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   donjgiles, geopiper, the85boro, mikey517, alaskanpiper, cfreud, burleyboy, georged, haparnold, pepesdad1, lawdawg