PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Nice trout! And even better time with kids, O how I miss fishing. Past couple years have been busy with sick parents and stuff. Looking to slow down now. I long for the fight of a nice northern, or for that matter anything that swims. I would ice fish being right on Lake Erie, but NOPE! Did it once and never again. I'll just buy them at the market during the winter.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Really nice fish! I never had an old man, so moments like this are pretty cool to me :D
My wife and I wen't out fishing yesterday too...no luck! The whether has been so crappy here the last couple of months (i.e., hurricanes, 16" of snow, etc.) that I think everyone and their brother were out on the lake yesterday. There were two local bass tournaments on the lake I live next to...probably 150 other boats out there...all on a 4000 acre lake!!! So, needless to say, no one caught anything because the fish are smarter than we are and hid until all these idiots left, LOL.
who claims the fish?
By the way, it's the kid's fish...doesn't matter who's rod you brought it in on... 8)

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
It’s his fish for sure. I was happy to be the photographer and net guy. After we landed it and re rigged I looked down the shore and all the other fishermen were turned toward us. I said, “Wes, look everyone’s been watching you.” He just smiled. It was a slow day and that’s the only fish we saw. Some of the older fellas came by to check out the fish and congratulate him. It was a good day for him and that’s what I was shooting for.
Another good thing was the quality time without electronic distractions. I was able to just listen. He talked about random kids interests. He talked about school, teachers, classmates and girls. He told me what he wants to do in 4-H this year. I got an insight into what’s going on in his world. He’s a good kid and I’m happy to spend time with him. So even though I didn’t reel in a fish it was a perfect day for me.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Buster, you will remember this day for the rest of your life, and your son will too. Time is fleeting, and precious moments with your children, such as this, will warm you in your old age. One of the things I love doing is reminiscing with my children of days and events long past, resurrecting and reliving them. The kids love it as much as I do.
Beautiful fish. I have never caught a trout. They're not common in my neck of the woods. You've got me dreaming about getting back on the lake again come spring.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a fine way to start the day. I can't say which would be better, catching that trout or having your kid catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.