PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I wanted to post this because I found a new method of cleaning silver and what looks to be cherrywood on this pipe.
I've read on another popular site where Murphy's Oil Soap is often used for pipe cleanup and does a wonderful job. I've recently found a product that I was rather impressed with. Dr. Bronner's 18 in One Hemp Pure-Castile Soap. This is an all natural blend which does not contain any harmful chemicals. Ingredients, listed below.
Anyway, I don't mean to sound like a infomercial! I acquire this pipe which arrived on the rather grimy side and was surprised at how well ths soap cleaned it right up and added a wonderful shine to the silver trim and cap. I know the silver can now take on a new look and add additional shine once I find my silver polishing cloth which has been misplaced. (Comes with old age I suppose)?
(Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), * Certified Fair Trade by IMO)
I received in this condition.
WD1.jpg

WD3.jpg

After cleanup. I am having trouble finding the maker so if anyone can help I'd be very thankful. Someone was curious as to if this was the original stem and I think so, yes. The tenon is threaded as is the pipes shank. This pipe has a generous 1" by 2" deep bowl.
ham4.jpg

ham6.jpg

ham3.jpg

ham5.jpg

Once the cleanup was completed the pipe smoked Vermont Meat Candy beautifully while I mowed the lawn on my John Deere!

Status
Not open for further replies.