PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrslaughter

Lurker
Jul 14, 2019
Hello again, ladies and gentlemen! Today I will be receiving my latest order of pipe tobacco, which includes a 1.75 ounce tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe, 1 lb. of C&D Haunted Bookshop (Bulk. I've been watching Matches on YouTube and decided to just send it on a large order, considering the low price point), and a 14 ounce can of Carter Hall (I've only smoked what I consider to be higher end blends up to this point in my journey, so I wanted to see what the other side is like). My question to you all is, which should I do my very first review on? I intend to post a review on one of these three blends later on this evening. Cheers!

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Will look forward to that... I've had Haunted Bookshop in a new tin for over a year, about time I tried it, OR you first!
Dan

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'd be interested in your thoughts on any/all of those blends. One word of caution. If you don't like Haunted Bookshop right away, don't give up on it. At least so long as it's not full on unpleasant for you. C&D's burleys are way on the unflavored and woody side of the spectrum and took some getting used to for me. I haven't had Carter Hall, but I do like Prince Albert, Lane Ready Rubbed and other OTC burley blends. These will be an entirely different burley experience than the Haunted Bookshop, as Carter Hall has some added flavorings to supplement the burley flavor.

mrslaughter

Lurker
Jul 14, 2019
Well gentlemen, I had my first bowl of Haunted Bookshop last night. I was unable to sit down at my computer last night to type up a proper review, but I will get around to it as soon as I’m off work today, so be on the lookout for that!
All I will say until then is that I’m eagerly waiting to revisit the blend when I get home. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.