PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I was sitting in my Garage puffing a bowl of Capstan and my son sent me this picture.

This is just east of Fox Creek, Alberta, about 250km north of Red Deer. Snow is in our forecast for tonight and tomorrow. I always like to post a pic of first snow here in our neck of the woods. It's in the forecast for Edmonton and Calgary as well. I'm sure there are others out there where it is in their forecast or have already had it.

Cheers
hQ9DwY4.jpg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Snow is pretty and nice to visit but I was in the pool with a beer after having a bowl of tobacco last night... :nana:

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
It’s nice to see all that moisture , good for the soil

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Heavy rain and mid teens down east , the remnants of hurricane Gordon just rolled thru , no wind , just moist warm air ..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How refreshing. Growing up near Chicago, the first snow used to fall the day after Thanksgiving, almost "by your watch." Here in N.C., we'll have some short-sleeve days right on through October, though an occasional chilly night right along beginning in October. But at any location, it isn't what it was like thirty years ago.

"

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
We are thankful to be under 90F and getting ample rain. My brown crunchy lawn has gone green and threatens to cause use of the mower once again.
Some flash floods here and there, but nothing to complain about as compared to the southeast scenario.
jay-roger.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
We've had a total of about 1 inch of snow in the past 2 winters. That's been more about the moisture than the temperature, though we're a pretty temperate state here in Kansas.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I live just a little bit south of Edmonton and we have been at -1°C (30°F) all day with wind and light rain that turned to snow at sunset. My lawn is now white. I may have to shovel snow while it's still summer.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The cold weather can’t arrive soon enough, the first real snow here is also around the end of November. Can’t wait to bring out the wool hats!

Being a Southerner, I just don't understand how people can live up in those uninhabitable regions. I think of Jack London... Peruvian Soccer teams, and the Donner party. Whenever the announce that the weather is dropping below 60F, you'll find me inviting fat people over to the house... just in case. Plus, it's always a good idea to preemptively shoot your neighbor, less he be coveting your survival necessities.

But, that devil's dandruff, Connecticut confetti, New England clam powder, I have stared into the eye of the polar vortex, and I have survived two inches of that New Hampshire cocaine. Nope, nope, nope, give me 100F summers with 90% humidity, sweat, sweat, sweat. Girls wearing as little as possible, and sultry evenings of mixing your sweat with your significant other. Cold iced tea and obligatory central air-conditioning.
I will be keeping you folks up in the great vast wasteland of ice and snow in mind. I am sooo sorry that you guys have to live up there. It's just not fair. And, this reminds me that colder weather is not far away. It will be time to pull the box of socks out of the attic soon. Winter is really the only time one can wear socks down here without just sweating to death. :puffy:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks all for the different and varied comments.

Jay's comment, 'Winter's short round here. Last year it was on a Thursday.

Cosmic, a wise and prudent take on always being prepared.

Winter while it's still summer.

Anyway, here are a few pics from my deck this morning. I know this won't last, I know we will have a beautiful, warm, sunny fall. I know...

Cheers and happy puffing all! :puffpipe:
ccjhEXL.jpg

kQyti3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.