PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
Cheers Everyone,

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and you are recovering from the turkey coma. I just had my first smoke with an vintage Butz Choquin that I picked up in a flea market last week. I was a beautiful smoke! The bowl size is quite smaller than my other pipe (cheapo no name briar), but its very deep. I packed in some Forte pieno tobacco that I picked up at a local shop her in Rome when I started smoking two weeks back. The bowl stayed remarkably cool and the draw was quite nice. The only problem I had was a wheezing sound when I took my puffs. I am attributing this the fact that I may have packed the tobacco to loose, still learning! Other than that small problem it keep a burn quite nice and I was able to have a good 30 minute smoke after dinner. I have seen many forum members praise BC and now

I can see why! This is most certainly my preferred pipe from now on!
Yllwbeard... Puff on!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your pipes. BC's are nice reliable pipes but since you are in the land of wonderful pipe makers you should take advantage and seek out some of the local makers. Happy Smoke Rings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Really enjoy my bent billiard blast Caprice 1304 BC with a raspberry stem and my straight blast billiard

BC Rocaille 1601 with "Cumberland" stem. They are good sized bowls in light weight pipes with handsome

traditional French design (shamelessly borrowed by the English forever after). The French pipes return

the compliment by being especially pleasing pipes for English blends, I think.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
Sorry I hadn't seen this last post dottiewarden. The OTC Italian blend is the first pipe tobacco that I have smoked actually so I am finding it hard to describe as I haven't developed a way of picking out individual flavors yet. It has a beautiful aroma that I can only describe as a fresh pile of wood crackling on the open fireplace, maybe some deep leather scents in there? Next time I smoke it I will be sure to work on picking out individual flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.