PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Good morning! Isn't that first smoke in the morning just the best? Who else enjoys this?
I had a $3.00 off coupon towards a Capt. Black product so purchased this package of Capt. Black White on a recent grocery store trip.
Back to the basics with Capt Black Regular and it's only fitting to be smoked in a 'Orlik' Captain Black pipe.
captblack31-600x450.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Yes sir, Durham, that first smoke of the day is always wonderful. I start each day with a Bruce Weaver sandblast that I've had for about 5-years. I load the first 3rd of the bowl with Murray's version Dunhill Royal Yacht and then add 2/3rds Five Brothers. Once the coffee is brewed I sip on both for the next half hour. The perfect wake me up!
Best,

Pipestud

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
You're a better man than I, 'Stud - or have more of a nic habit, anyway. :rofl:
I like latakia - something smokey and sweet/spicy. MacB HH Vintage Syrian and McCranie's Highland are faves.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I've been growing fond of Frog Morton Original as my first smoke of the day. The mild latakia compliments my coffee well.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
When I can, I enjoy EMP if I'm home and don't have to run off to work. It is a very mild English that is aptly named.
Allan

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Stud, I have to agree with Jud. You're the better man. Along with my coffee then adding 5 Brothers I'd be bouncing off the ceiling, LOL. Of course I do smoke 2 (ryo) cigarettes of Stokkebye Amsterdam right before I light my pipe, so the verdict is still out.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I dig a morning pipe with coffee. I've been so busy as of late that often this is the only smoke I get before the roast of the house even wakes up

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Homeatsea. I hear your friend. Its a nice subtle smoke. I've been smoking it almost exclusively since last Friday.
Usually I tend to start the day with a bowl of LBF or Irish Oak to perk me up.
I love getting the coffee going and then packing a pipe and charring it while the coffee brews. I putter around like an old Busha in the kitchen.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I love nutty, oat-like flavors. So it's burely for me in the morning. Today I had a blend of 1/2 Carter Hall and 1/2 PS Cube Cut. The latter has always been a bit bitey for me, even when blended. So it may be time to order some burelys from Uhle's.
P&C's University Student is a great second bowl.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I love a Virginia blend first thing in the morning. My taste buds are usually ruined by mid afternoon, lol. But nothing beats a nice Virginia with my morning tea.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I start my mornings with a nice cup of coffee and then one of the following blends depending on my mood.
Dunhill Flake

Capstan Gold or Blue Flake

Wessex Gold Virginia Flake

Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

Rotary Navy Cut

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Most of the time I go with Early Morning Match with my coffee at 4 in the morning watching the night grudgingly give way to daylight. My favorite part of the day.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
As soon as I wake up, first thing on my mind is a smoke. Usually, I can get myself to brush my teeth first!
Usually, it's a bowl of squadron leader to cleanse the palate, but this morning, I fired up a big bowl of SWR in a bulldog/apple and a cup of instant coffee with cream and sugar, and I have to say, it was unbelievably good. Every puff was sheer enjoyment. Funny, how you smoke for years, and then have a bowl that smokes like the first time you had a good puff, and you thought, "Wow." Had one of those moments this morning.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I forgot to add. It's a beautiful thing. Makes me feel sorry for non-pipe smokers. Poor souls...

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
+1 Roth, I find myself usually reaching for BBF first. A light and creamy VA before the later Vapers. One of the problems with a large "smoking box" is picking out what you're in the mood for. I can spend 10 minutes shuffling tins for a line up, then change it anyways.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I have an ever changing rotation. Currently I am enjoying Capstan Blue in the morning. It is the best smoke of the day!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Morning smoke is great. But for me personally, the night smoke in my favorite chair watching the sunset on the patio is as good as it gets. A nice full bowl of English, a good pipe, some classic blues, and a good view. Sign me up.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
I really like a bowl of a nice VA or VA/Per flake with coffee in the morning. Food can come later.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I like a fast burning burley smoke in the morning. For me it's usually Angler's Dream with that first cup of coffee. I like something straightforward without much depth or complexity, but pleasant flavor, no goop, and good nic to start off the day. Carter Hall is an occasional alternative. Since Roth turned me on to PS Turkish, it has become another early a.m. go-to blend.
I prefer to save the more complex tobaccos for after I've had some time to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.