PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Many of you have posted a lot of nice comments on my first pipe that I made, and thank you. Some of you asked that I let you know how she smoked....well I'm smoking her now, and am very impressed. Great draw, and a comfortable bowl to hold. There is an awful lot of briar, so my hands are barely warmed up. The draw is rather open, and a pipe cleaner passes right into the heel of the bowl. I am surprised how easy she allows clenching, I thought a large freehand would seem hard to control. While I'm typing this, I've been clenching, and it seems natural. The only thing that seems odd is the bit; its lucite, and the rest of my pipes have vulcanite. Feels like I'm biting on a rock.

Nice ash (no comments), and no relights as of 45 mins. I love how the bowl is starting to darken up.

I chose Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme for my maiden run.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
It doesn't get any better. What a great story. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope this is the first of many.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I agree with all the above statments.
Great work on that pipe, and even better it smokes well. You must be very pleased.
Thanks for letting us in on your adventure, start to finish. Enjoy :D

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Hears hoping that vulcanite stem material is still obtainable for some time because as you've discovered, lucite looks fabulous but it don't clench fabulous. Not only is it hard but it's slippery too. Glad your freehand is a good puffer as well as being a good looker.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
What a satisfying feeling it must be!

Love the design... Is the bit a military mount or push bit?

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It must be very satisfying to be able to create something so beautiful and that will give so much pleasure for so many decades. That's what art is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.